Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Filtering Data

Filtering Data 2 years 7 months ago #74411

• MRFGR
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi There

I have recently installed limesurvey and thinks its great!

I have set up a survey, sent it to respondents and now ready to analyse the data. I know you can filter data by responses but is there a way of filtering data by responses but know which respondents made these responses??

Your help would be much appreciated

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Filtering Data 2 years 7 months ago #74413

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 323
Well, this depends very much on how you set up your survey. If it was setup anonymous, then there is now way to connect the responses with the respondent.

In general, for analysis I'd rather download the results file and work with it in something a little more comfortable.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Filtering Data 2 years 7 months ago #74417

• MRFGR
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for your reply

Out of interest, if the survey was not anonymous how would you connect the responses with the respondents?

Thank you

Re: Filtering Data 2 years 7 months ago #74419

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 817
MRFGR wrote:
Out of interest, if the survey was not anonymous how would you connect the responses with the respondents?
You can't.

Denis

Re: Filtering Data 2 years 7 months ago #74422

• MRFGR
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Dennis

Thank you for your reply

To make myself clear we are a market research focus group recruiter therefore we create screeners and for example send the screener survey to over 500 known people (we know their names and emails etc) and then want to select lets say 16 people that "match" our screener criteria to attend a focus group.

How can we filter answers so as to determine which people filled our specific criteria without having to check each persons answers separately which is very time consuming?

Thank you

Thank you

Re: Filtering Data 2 years 7 months ago #74423

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Shnoulle wrote:
MRFGR wrote:
You can't.

Denis

Of course you can. If the survey is NOT ANONYMOUS and you have the name of the person in the token table, then you can easily connect the name with the responses and choose the respective person.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Filtering Data 2 years 7 months ago #74425

• MRFGR
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for your reply, sorry to be more of a pain! Can this be done using the filter system? I know how to get the number of respondents who filled the criteria but need to know which people filled the criteria.

Please can you direct me on how to do this?

Your help is much appreciated.

Re: Filtering Data 2 years 7 months ago #74426

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 817
holch wrote:
Shnoulle wrote:
MRFGR wrote:
You can't.

Denis

Of course you can. If the survey is NOT ANONYMOUS and you have the name of the person in the token table, then you can easily connect the name with the responses and choose the respective person.
:blush: You're totally right .....

You can export the token information with the answer table, see the bos to the right.

But you can't make token attribute filter in LimeSurveay statitics, like Holch already say : It's best to use statistics tools like PSPP, or a sheet on OO Calc.
In OO Calc, you can use automatic filter.

Sorry for the bad answer ... :unsure:

Re: Filtering Data 2 years 7 months ago #74427

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Exactly like Shnolle said, you would need to download the result to another program. For what you are looking for, it is probably best to use a spreadsheet, where you can apply the respective filters to each column.

@shnolle: it is easy to overread the "not", especially because normally people ask "How can I know who answered what for an anonymous survey", which by design is not possible.

Re: Filtering Data 2 years 7 months ago #74429

• MRFGR
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for you answers guys, I will give them ago and get back to you if I have any other questions, thank you
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Donation Image