Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Answer sourcing to question - hide space and get content in "others"

Re: Answer sourcing to question - hide space and get content in "others" 2 years 8 months ago #74144

• Newbeedu
  • Junior Lime
I am using version 1.91 and build 10089 in Google Chrome
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Answer sourcing to question - hide space and get content in "others" 2 years 8 months ago #74146

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 801
Hmm...the attached modified survey works for me in Chrome too.

Can you activate a test survey for us to try?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Answer sourcing to question - hide space and get content in "others" 2 years 8 months ago #74206

• Newbeedu
  • Junior Lime
Survey Link is: 61.8.152.152/survey/index.php?sid=33888&lang=en

I also need another help in Q4 (last question in the last page).

In that question respondents are rating 3 brands - 1 chosen and 2 considered, on set of parameters. If I can have boxes to insert the names of the brands before going for rating it would be great. I cannot change the numerical drop down to a text box as the parameters are randomized to avoid bias, and the respondents would have to search for the text box to insert the name.

Please help.
[attachment:1]limesurvey_survey_33888.lss[/attachment]

Survey attached.

Thanks.

Re: Answer sourcing to question - hide space and get content in "others" 2 years 8 months ago #74207

• Newbeedu
  • Junior Lime
Survey Attached
Attachments:

Re: Answer sourcing to question - hide space and get content in "others" 2 years 8 months ago #74308

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
I am using version 1.91 and build 10089 in Google Chrome
Updating to the latest version should fix the problem of the "Other" text not appearing. Test here with 1.91 (12416) - www.partnersinc.biz/surveys//index.php?s...88&newtest=Y&lang=en

I see another small problem though: If you select "Wild Fire" in page 1, then "C510" will appear in page 2. This appears to be a bug with INSERTANS whe using numerics for answer codes and having more that 10. Try changing the answer codes in the multiple-options from 1-22 to A-W (use alphas).
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by tpartner.

Re: Answer sourcing to question - hide space and get content in "others" 2 years 8 months ago #74309

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
I can have boxes to insert the names of the brands before going for rating it would be great.
Does this mean that you want text inputs here?

Capture_2012-02-13.PNG
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Answer sourcing to question - hide space and get content in "others" 2 years 8 months ago #74312

• Newbeedu
  • Junior Lime
Yes. If that is feasible.

But it looks complicated to me as it is part of the question options but the options change for every respondent.

Re: Answer sourcing to question - hide space and get content in "others" 2 years 8 months ago #74316

• Newbeedu
  • Junior Lime
If you suggest any other options that is close to providing this result is also fine.

Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Newbeedu.

Re: Answer sourcing to question - hide space and get content in "others" 2 years 8 months ago #74323

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
Well, you could place a multiple-text question with 3 fields before the array and then use JavaScript to hide it and move the text inputs into the header cells of the array.

Presumably, you would also need some JavaScript to validate any value that the respondent enters - to make sure that it is actually one of their chosen or considered brands.

Would something like that suit?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Answer sourcing to question - hide space and get content in "others" 2 years 8 months ago #74339

• Newbeedu
  • Junior Lime
This solution sounds good.

However, with my limited abilities in javascript, am neither able to visualize the question format nor the output file.
Till the time it does not create any issues with the way i get output from the survey and keeps it simple, I am fine with any modification/hiding in the survey.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Donation Image