Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Participants

Participants 2 years 8 months ago #73978

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
I've read about the database design for the Participants table, but am uncertain about what it will do and how it will interact with the rest of the program.

This is probably because I have my own set of things I _want_ it to do, and am hoping that works.

Is there a subversion branch I can download and play with it? Is it working at all? I'm very interested, right now I'm tweaking the tokens system to sort of act like Participants, and it's pretty messy (discussed in another thread here). I'm hoping that participants allows users to log and and see what surveys they've taken, or which ones they are eligible to take, and that the reporting allows for grouping by participant. Is that the way it will work?

Although tokens are pretty cool, a participants table would be a significant enhancement to the system.

Tac
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Participants 2 years 8 months ago #73994

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

perhaps you mean the Central Participants Database? It will be available for LimeSurvey 2 which is also called "limesurvey_yii" in the SVN.

sourceforge.net/projects/limesurvey/ is a good starting point if you want to get LimeSurvey from SVN. In the "Code" menu you can access a page for information about the SVN URL as well as browse the folders/files in an SVN viewer. The Source Code is in the folder "/source/" and the folder used for the specific version. The most important ones are:
- limesurvey: latest stable version (current: 1.91+)
- limesurvey_dev: development version for LimeSurvey 1.92
- limesurvey_yii: development version for LimeSurvey 2.0

If you want to know more about the Central Participants Database you might want to take a look at the documentation at docs.limesurvey.org/Central+Participants+Database .
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Participants 2 years 8 months ago #73998

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
We are working on making Limesurvey 2.0 stable so every helping hand for testing is welcome.

The CPDB feature was mainly created as a sort of panel system. You have one main database with the participant data and can copy data from CPDB ti single surveys and at the CPDB overview you can see how many surveys a user has taken.
Please note that this is currently a very basic system, further features will be added at following versions.

You can get the code from our SVN, see docs.limesurvey.org/Accessing+the+source...meSurvey+development.
The branch for Limesurvey is located at limesurvey.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/l...ource/limesurvey_yii

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Donation Image