Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ready to go Smartphone Template?

Ready to go Smartphone Template? 2 years 8 months ago #73791

• bwoo5
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello,

Has anyone created a template that looks and works well with most smartphones on the market (iphone/android)? Looking for a template that can handle most question types and that I can just take a current survey and apply the template to and change to question by question if needed. Or is there any documention on the limesurvey site that I am missing with instructions on how to make the surveys look good on a smartphone?

Thanks,
Bryon
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmorant

Re: Ready to go Smartphone Template? 2 years 8 months ago #73798

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

if you are looking for design templates it might be a good idea to have a look at www.limesurvey.org/en/additional-downloa...ey-Design-Templates/
. I found one called "iPhone Survey Theme", www.limesurvey.org/en/additional-downloa...iPhone-Survey-Theme/ but it doesn't look very professional. If you have to adjust/edit it to match your layout it might be a good idea to start with this one.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Ready to go Smartphone Template? 2 years 8 months ago #73803

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 855
Hello,

citronade can work on "little screen", maybe take the last dev citronade.

The look aren't the best for webphone, but it should work for a lot of question_type.

I don't have webphone, then i can test whole question.

Denis

Re: Ready to go Smartphone Template? 2 years 8 months ago #73806

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 299
The problem with the iPhone template linked above is that it is designed pretty poor and probably also outdated (there have been some changes to templates between 2010 and 2012).

When designing templates for a smartphone, one of the biggest problems I faced was the size of radio buttons and checkboxes. You can use larger question and answer texts, no problem, but those buttons and check boxes are always very small and therefore hard to use on smaller devices.
One solution I used for the iPhone and iPad templates I designed for my customers in the past was to use some additional Javascript to overlay radio buttons and check boxes with images and trigger the click event to mark the according button/checkbox when the image was clicked. This works pretty well.

You can find an example which also shows the difference here: www.survey-templates.com/templatedemo/in...76&newtest=Y&lang=en

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Ready to go Smartphone Template? 2 years 8 months ago #73835

• bwoo5
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 4
I saw the iphone template in the download section and I see it needed alot of work done to it. Thanks for the link Mazi, we are having a look at that one.
Is there anyway for limesurvey to detect the device the survey it being taken on? Like if someone takes it on a smartphone it uses one template, if they are on a pc it uses another template? Like how if you go to a site on your phone it takes you to the mobile version of their site?

Thanks,
Bryon

Re: Ready to go Smartphone Template? 2 years 8 months ago #73838

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
bwoo5 wrote:
Is there anyway for limesurvey to detect the device the survey it being taken on? Like if someone takes it on a smartphone it uses one template, if they are on a pc it uses another template? Like how if you go to a site on your phone it takes you to the mobile version of their site?
To ym knowledge there is no in-build feature for this and currently you are able to use just 1 template for a survey.
I remember having seen a (Javascript?) workaround somewhere at the forums though, maybe you can find it (and post the link)...

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Ready to go Smartphone Template? 2 years 8 months ago #73847

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 855
Hello,

Webphone are cs3 ready !

Look at citronade for some css3 (test the changement at 480px with chromium for example):
@media screen and (max-width: 480px) {
/* Specific for windows max-width at 480px ( for exemple a little opera/chromium window) */
}
@media screen and (max-device-width:480px) {
/* Specific for device with max-width at 480px ( for webphone ) */
}

See media quesries documentation
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by DenisChenu.

Re: Ready to go Smartphone Template? 2 years 7 months ago #77534

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
bwoo5 wrote:
I saw the iphone template in the download section and I see it needed alot of work done to it. Thanks for the link Mazi, we are having a look at that one.
There is a new Limesurvey Template Shop which offers two different iPhone optimized Limesurvey templates.

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Donation Image