Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Set of Surveys? Or various choose a section?

Re: Set of Surveys? Or various choose a section? 2 years 5 months ago #73415

• Fred
  • Gold Lime
  • Thank you received: 5
Well, in our case everyone will use the same site and all the data goes into the same DB.

Currently I'm thinking we use our own user/respondent tables (not the LS ones) and then write the tokens to the various survey token tables ourselves.

One problem with all these tokens flying around in URLs is that people forward the email and then you have the wrong person accessing the data. We'll set a limited lifetime on tokens, treating like a session token, and then force people back through our login to get a new one (basically re-write the existing token with a new key). We won't rely on the LS invitation and reminder system.

We haven't got this solved yet by any means!

There is a proposed "Central Participants Database" feature planned for LS2.0. The tables are already in the database on 1.92. It's not going to do everything we need and won't be later this year at the earliest it sounds like.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Set of Surveys? Or various choose a section? 2 years 5 months ago #73447

• Mazi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
We are planning to release a first version of Limesurvey 2.0 alpha on February 28th so you can check if the Central Participant Database feature will be of any help. Documentation can be found here: docs.limesurvey.org/Central+participants...ase+%28User+panel%29

Maybe you can also make some suggestion on how we can extend Limesurvey to cover your needs?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Set of Surveys? Or various choose a section? 2 years 5 months ago #73686

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
Participants Table looks super-cool.

In the meantime, my current plan is to add a token to our user database. Then I can access the survey token tables to see what the status is. This gives us some flexibility in the whole sub-survey question.

I'm hoping there will be some way to share a participants database with other software, or even more specific, I'm hoping you can specify a table (or class) that defines the participants, rather than importing it. Of course, this gets complicated quickly. I look forward to seeing how it all comes out, will definitely test 2.0 in March.

Tac

Re: Set of Surveys? Or various choose a section? 2 years 5 months ago #73757

• Mazi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
tacman1123 wrote:
I'm hoping there will be some way to share a participants database with other software
As a first step, CSV import will be supported.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Set of Surveys? Or various choose a section? 2 years 5 months ago #73771

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
Yes, but if you're working with another user database, that either requires keeping the tables in sync, or switching the other software to use the LS Participant table.

What I'd prefer is the ability to set a getParticipant function or method, and allow it to make the call to get the relevant data. There appears to be some support for getting users this way, but only if they're already logged in via the web server authentication.

Instead of being a function, this could also be a class, and then config.php could simply define which class should be used when getting a User or Participant. The current LS code could be the base class, but a developer could override methods to customize it to get the authentication data elsewhere.

Some of these may be less important when the API is available, since instead of exporting a participant list to CSV in a format that has attribute_1, attribute_2, etc., I'm hoping there will be a programmatic way of importing.

Looking forward to seeing participants in Alpha1 later this month.

Tac

Re: Set of Surveys? Or various choose a section? 2 years 5 months ago #73815

• Mazi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
In the long run it definitely makes sense to have such a feature to connect Limesurvey to other systems, but that won't be implemented very soon.
If you give it a try, please have a look at docs.limesurvey.org/How+to+contribute+new+features previously so we can coordinate development.
We are also looking for people/companies to sponsor development of such features so if this on top of your list, we should talk about ways of implementing such a feature.

Dr. Marcel Minke
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
Donation Image