Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Daily automated order survey sending - response in email invitation

Daily automated order survey sending - response in email invitation 2 years 8 months ago #73186

• Trebacz
  • Fresh Lemon
Looking over LimeSurvey and various demo, posts and documentation I believe what I want to do in LimeSurvey is possible. I'd just like to get a general response to our overall process desires fit LimeSurvey's capabilities.

Our challenge is this: We want to with a minimal amount of steps survey customers who transact with us daily and ask them about their shipment after they recieve it. I'm picturing the process looking like this:

1. Daily we have a query that runs out of our back office system. That query extracts a transaction id, email address, name. The database is SQL Server, so I have a ton of options of how and what to extract.
2. That data is loaded into LimeSurvey -perhaps inserted into a LimeSurvey table directly or automatically picked up as a text file via a cron job.
3. Surveys invitations are sent once a day out of LimeSurvey to all the orders shipped a week ago (we'll handle that timeframe in the query extract from the back office database).
4. We'd like to build the survey extremely simple and quick for the customer in the html email. The survey email would introduce the survey with 5 simple images to rate your service on the order, with an html request under the 5 possible answers. Imbeded in that HTML request are the transaction ID and the customers rating on the order service. Possibly a little javascript to give feedback in the email to the user on their answer submission.
5. For non-html responses we'd offer the option to take the survey using a web browser with a link that just requires them to answer the single question.

My questions about LimeSurveys's capabilities are:
  • How much of this is configuration using limesurvey vs how much will need some custom scripting?
  • Not sure of the best format to get the backoffice data into limesurvey (text file, lime survey database insert, etc)?
  • Is it fairly straightforward to build an email format/template in limesurvey or better to do that editing outside of lime survey? That template would automatically fill in the customers details into the transaction and fill in the html/javascript parameters.
  • Does the survey allow for capturing the last response. If there are multiple submissions for a transaction (token I assume) -is the a way to recognize just the last?
  • In order to get up and running quickly an minimize our maintenance on the survey system could this type of integration be done with LimeService?

Any specific links to documentation, forum posts, and workarounds would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to implementing what looks like a great product/service, that will hopefully satisfy our needs.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Daily automated order survey sending - response in email invitation 2 years 8 months ago #73206

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Just to see if I got that right: You want the users to enter data at an HTML email and not let them call the URL to the survey?

Did you test that?

How do you want to transfer data back to Limesurvey/the server?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Daily automated order survey sending - response in email invitation 2 years 8 months ago #73228

• Trebacz
  • Fresh Lemon
Picture an email that looks like this:

To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: Order 12345 placed with Trebacz Enterprises
Body:
David, please takes a few moments and let us know your overall satisfaction with the delivery time of your order 12345 that you received on 1/21/2012. Click on the appropriate image below to send us your rating.
:laugh::):unsure::(:angry:

If you can't see the survey, please send us your feedback with this transaction by visiting survey.trebaczenterprises.com/index.php?...lang=en&cusRef=12345.
End of email message.

If a customer clicked on one of the smiley faces above, an "answer" for the one question for that participant survey would be submitted to the LimeSurvey server. I'd expect the URL's "under" the smiley's to look something like this:
survey.trebaczenterprises.com/index.php?...en&cusRef=12345&Q1=1
survey.trebaczenterprises.com/index.php?...en&cusRef=12345&Q1=2
survey.trebaczenterprises.com/index.php?...en&cusRef=12345&Q1=3
survey.trebaczenterprises.com/index.php?...en&cusRef=12345&Q1=4
survey.trebaczenterprises.com/index.php?...en&cusRef=12345&Q1=5

Please excuse my making up the various parameters of the URL's. I only did this for illustrative purposes (hopefully).

Mazi to answer your questions directly:

You want the users to enter data at an HTML email and not let them call the URL to the survey? Yes the recipient of the email would just need to click on the smiley face above to submit their response.

Did you test that? No I have't yet. Just asking how possible at this point.

How do you want to transfer data back to Limesurvey/the server? I'd expect the http request from the email client (when the recipient clicks on the smiley face) to register the response with the LimeSurvey server.

Re: Daily automated order survey sending - response in email invitation 2 years 8 months ago #73238

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Ahh, thanks for clarifying. I thought you planned to add form fields to an HTML email which wouldn't work technically.
Using linked images should work fine. You can pass data into a survey by URL.
Set up the survey to skip the welcome page and then use just a onse question survey and some Javascript to automatically "click" the "submit" button to store the answer and direct the user to the thanks you page.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Donation Image