Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: jump to the end of a survey (or to the statistic-end-block) or exit the survey

jump to the end of a survey (or to the statistic-end-block) or exit the survey 2 years 9 months ago #73136

• TommiH
  • Senior Lime
Hallo,

is it possible to quit the survey if one answer in a free text-field is (for example) okidoki ?
Or ist it possible to jump to the statistic-part at the end of the survey if this word is filled in?

I can set a condition to all questions after the key-question, but this is really much work to do it. Is there a better way to do that?

A condition for the groups is not possible, when I'm right. This would be a workaround with a little bit less work... (only 8-10 <a href='docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=Setting%20conditions'>conditions</a> on goups are better than 50-60 <a href='docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=Setting%20conditions'>conditions</a> on questions ;) )

Tommi
Version 1.91+ Build 12170 im Einsatz
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by TommiH.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: jump to the end of a survey (or to the statistic-end-block) or exit the survey 2 years 9 months ago #73139

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
In 1.92, you can set a condition on the whole group. This is called the group relevance equation. So, if you want the group skipped, you would set the group relevance equation to (assuming your question code/name is quitSurvey:
quitSurvey == "okidoki"

Re: jump to the end of a survey (or to the statistic-end-block) or exit the survey 2 years 9 months ago #73140

• TommiH
  • Senior Lime
okay, but th problem is, the 1.92 is not ready to use, not really tested till the end? I thought so - so I have to wait for this version or make many conditions ;)

Tommi

Re: jump to the end of a survey (or to the statistic-end-block) or exit the survey 2 years 9 months ago #73144

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
1.92 is in release candidate status - meaning as long as we can get a release candidate that is free of bugs for about 2 weeks, we can declare it stable. So, with any luck, it will be released within 2-4 weeks.

You might want to test it out to see if it helps solve your problems.

Incidentally, in 1.91+, you can use JavaScript to move to a later question. In 1.92, you can also do that, but LimeSurvey will validate every step in between - so, if you have any mandatory questions in intervening groups, 1.92 will stop at the first group that has mandatory questions rather than jumping all the way to the end. Using group-level relevance trumps mandatory status, so if the group is irrelevant, mandatory questions within that group are ignored.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TommiH

Re: jump to the end of a survey (or to the statistic-end-block) or exit the survey 2 years 9 months ago #73158

• TommiH
  • Senior Lime
Thank you for the quick reply! - because of starting with the survey on monday, there is no time to wait ;) - but for future surveys I look smiling to the 1.92 -JavaScript is no option (at the moment), I learned it 15 years ago - but at the moment there is not enough knowledge to go this way.

Tommi

Re: jump to the end of a survey (or to the statistic-end-block) or exit the survey 2 years 9 months ago #73213

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
You should be able to use a condition based on a regular expression and apply that condition to all questions in a survey to let users "jump" to the last survey page.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Donation Image