Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Eliminate Inclomplete Surveys

Eliminate Inclomplete Surveys 2 years 9 months ago #72184

• juniparr
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello!

I have an issues, I get a lot of incomplete surveys from my users. Is there a way to prevent these all together? I tried making the Session time out seconds like '9999999' or something unimaginable like that but we are still receiving incomplete surveys. I don't know how to eliminate it, I rather it not save incomplete surveys. Its pretty useless.

Please look at my screen shot for more info: You will see that Pol Feden submitted his survey 3 times before it was Complete. And surveys 7 though 9 are completely blank. Anyone know why this happens and how to prevent it?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Eliminate Inclomplete Surveys 2 years 9 months ago #72189

• Mazi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 299
1. There is no screen shot?!

2. You would need to ask the users why they don't complete surveys. It can be caused by bad survey design, too many questions or technical problems. You have to find out about that first.

3. Test the survey yourself to check if there are any problems showing up.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Aw: Eliminate Inclomplete Surveys 2 years 9 months ago #72236

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Mazi is right, there could be many different reasons. If you don't want the user to submit a completely blank survey you could perhaps add just one mandatory question so participants cannot continue the survey if they don't answer at least this question.

I also had some incomplete responses but they were only about 5 from 100 participants. It can be quite a pain to figure out what is wrong. If you have access to the log files of your server it might be an idea to have a look into the error or access log to see if something seems strange, where exactly the user stops and perhaps which browser and browser version they are using.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Steve.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Donation Image