Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Show sub-questions based on previous question with 1.92RC and the new EM

Re: Aw: Show sub-questions based on previous question with 1.92RC and the new EM 2 years 7 months ago #72284

• Marten
  • Fresh Lemon
Will do, as soon as I get the decision from management that they are happy with going into production with LimeSurvey. Currently we're only looking at different options, where LimeSurvey is the most attractive choice!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Aw: Show sub-questions based on previous question with 1.92RC and the new EM 2 years 7 months ago #72291

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 293
Thanks for the flowers :-)

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Aw: Show sub-questions based on previous question with 1.92RC and the new EM 2 years 7 months ago #72297

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello Marten,

I also evaluated some survey tools for our company (it iss part of my bachelor thesis) and LimeSurvey seems to be the most fitting survey tool for our company. But it might depend on your requirements though I would say you can do most things with LimeSurvey commercial survey tools can do.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Aw: Show sub-questions based on previous question with 1.92RC and the new EM 2 years 7 months ago #72300

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
vierundzwanzig-

Since you've been doing an comparison of survey tools, I'd be interested in hearing more about gaps between LimeSurvey and best-of-breed commercial tools, such as:
(1) What, if anything, does LimeSurvey do better than most (or all) commercial tools?
(2) What key features to commercial tools have that LimeSurvey lacks - e.g. what is missing from LimeSurvey that might motivate users to use a commercial solution instead?

By the way, I wouldn't limit such thinking to commercial tools. Project RedCAP, out of Vanderbilt, is non-commercial and free (although you have to add attribution to their project), and is being widely adopted for clinical trials. If you haven't yet, you may want to look at it too.

/Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Re: Show sub-questions based on previous question with 1.92RC and the new EM 2 years 7 months ago #72317

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

I can't say I tested the best of breed because I had to be sure they fit our requirements. One for example was "hosting on our own server" which killed of a great number of possible candidates. And I'm not even sure if I got the best of possible tools for a comparison, but I did my best to get to know and try them out.
Sometimes you can't even say it's better or not because the approach is different and it depends on the user which approach he thinks is best suited for him.

I don't want to take this thread offtopic so let me summarize that LimeSurvey was (in my opinion) top or best compared to the other candidates in most points I looked at. There were only a few things other tools were better, for example "possible to use oracle database", one tool had a documentation which was (in my opinion) a little bit better, there are a few features some tools had or were better at and some tools had a more powerful statistic feature.
While testing some tools we were kind of disappointed and thought they were just a bad joke (and there's no way we will even pay one cent for them). For the desicion it was said that these tools have to be much better than an open source alternative and that wasn't the case (at least in my opnion).
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Donation Image