Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Different questions / less questions due to browser type?

Different questions / less questions due to browser type? 2 years 6 months ago #71481

• muhzak
  • Fresh Lemon
To keep it short.

I want to have less questions to be asked if the user is on a mobile device. Is this possible on limesurvey?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Different questions / less questions due to browser type? 2 years 6 months ago #71482

• muhzak
  • Fresh Lemon
Maybe if I set the survey link to another script, that figures out what browser they are on and then forwards the person to one of two surveys? But that seems a little out of the way.

I could program my own survey without lime survey at all, but then I miss out on all the perks lime survey provides.

EDIT: or maybe I could add some html code that hides some questions if the browser is mobile?
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by muhzak.

Re: Different questions / less questions due to browser type? 2 years 6 months ago #71487

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 746
Two options:

1) Use Javascript at the beginning of the survey to detect mobile browsers and set a hidden question that could then be used for conditions on following questions. (detectmobilebrowsers.com/)

2) As you suggest, send users to a PHP file that detects the user agent and redirects to different surveys accordingly.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: muhzak

Re: Different questions / less questions due to browser type? 2 years 6 months ago #71492

• muhzak
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the quick reply. I really prefer option 1 over 2, and I want to do 1 question per page and never mention browsers to them. I will have to play around with it and make sure the numbers don't seem like they are skipping, I assume that will be possible too.

I will read more on this and report back for anyone else who wants to do this.

Re: Different questions / less questions due to browser type? 2 years 6 months ago #71496

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 746
...and I want to do 1 question per page...
In that case, you will also need to have the JavaScript automatically submit the page after populating the hidden question.
...and make sure the numbers don't seem like they are skipping,...
I never display question numbers in surveys for exactly this reason.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Different questions / less questions due to browser type? 2 years 6 months ago #71571

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
I recommend to not display the progress bar as well, because when some questions are skipped, this might be irritating when using the progress bar.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Donation Image