Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problems in hosting multi-lingual survey - please help

Problems in hosting multi-lingual survey - please help 2 years 9 months ago #71472

• gr8k87
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi
I want to host a survey in the following three languages
-English (Base Language)
-French
-Finnish

Problem:
I have added French and Finnish as additional languages in my survey settings. Since I don't know french and finnish, I was of the opinion that lime survey would automatically translate the survey content into these languages.
However, when I launch the survey in french and finnish, they still display the text in english (even the labels of option fields).
I tried referring to solutions online and I could not find any.

P.S: For the first few questions the options alone seem to have translated in french but the text in the question won't appear. For the rest of the questions it is all displayed in English including the option labels too.

Kindly help me on how to do this. Thank you in advance.

Regards
Karthik
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by gr8k87. Reason: Additional description of the problem
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problems in hosting multi-lingual survey - please help 2 years 9 months ago #71484

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
LimeSurvey does not automatically translate for you. You will need to do it yourself. In the current version there is a "Quick Translate" tool to help you.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by tpartner.

Re: Problems in hosting multi-lingual survey - please help 2 years 9 months ago #71576

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
When switching languages at a survey, only button labels, standard texts and error messages are translated into the according languages (they are read from a translation file).

Of course you have to translate question and answer texts, welcome/help/end messages and then like yourself and for professional surveys I also recommend to not use some web translation tools but hire a native speaker, otherwise the survey might be a pain for the native speakers.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Problems in hosting multi-lingual survey - please help 2 years 9 months ago #71589

• gr8k87
  • Fresh Lemon
thank you guys! those replies were very helpful.

Re: Problems in hosting multi-lingual survey - please help 2 years 9 months ago #71818

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to the team .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image