Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I want a dynamic pick-list, driven by prior user responses

I want a dynamic pick-list, driven by prior user responses 2 years 7 months ago #71438

I am using LimeSurvey for an application that is not really a survey. I want one of the questions to have the pick-list answer "Add New Category", which will turn on the following question prompting for that category (short text value). The next person filling out the survey would get the same pick-list PLUS the new value added by the prior person. The list would start out empty. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this besides messing with the underlying tables? Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I want a dynamic pick-list, driven by prior user responses 2 years 7 months ago #71451

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 799
Hello,

You can use a ajax request on a php file to fill a pseudo-select input.

For the category question : use a small text question and use a ajax request to construct a select box with autoupdate the input.text box.

Or you can use an autocomplete jquery plugin too : jqueryui.com/demos/autocomplete/

Some work.

Re: I want a dynamic pick-list, driven by prior user responses 2 years 7 months ago #71583

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 293
Have a look at docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Manip...wers_for_text_inputs for a (different) example.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Donation Image