Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: hiding survey title or seperate public name?

hiding survey title or seperate public name? 2 years 9 months ago #71030

• ls_greg
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello.

I am running a survey whose current title gives away what I am researching (and thus priming participants to try and please the experimenter)

Is there a way to hide the survey's title, or better yet, allow me to give the survey an internal filename not able to be seen by participants?

One solution might be to use JS... I hide the progress bar on the consent screen (to avoid distracting users) using JS:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
  $(document).ready(function() {
    $('div#progress-wrapper').hide();
  });
</script>

This seems clunky, especially since there's no specific div for the title that I could see, I'd have to strip out the title tags... is there an elegant way to have an internal filename that doesn't get displayed to participants?
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by ls_greg. Reason: accidentally hit post early
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: hiding survey title or seperate public name? 2 years 9 months ago #71036

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 791
In your template (probably in survey.pstpl) you will find a tag {SURVEYNAME} that displays the title. You could hide the element that contains that tag by adding a rule to template.css. For example when using the default template:
.survey-description h2 {
    display:none;
}

However, hiding that may not solve your problem because the survey title is also used for the page title so will be seen at the top of the browser and in the browser tab.

I think you'll just need to be clever with your choice of a title.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
Donation Image