Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Urgent: Defect Files completely stopping downlaod of attachments

Urgent: Defect Files completely stopping downlaod of attachments 2 years 8 months ago #70585

Dear all,

I have a real problem:

We have collected a lot of important data (degree certificates etc.) using limesurvey. Apparently some of them were uploaded with errors.

The problem with this is: The defect uploads block any possibility of downloading them "in bulk". Any attempt to use the "download all" feature or even to open a single file using the "Download files for this entry" command or to click on the file name in the "View response" window drops one back to the main response list ("Data view control").

This is a huge problem since we have collected over 7000 files this way. Downloading them one at a time is simply not feasible.

I desperately need help on this since the files are scheduled to be reviewed in a few days' time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Urgent: Defect Files completely stopping downlaod of attachments 2 years 8 months ago #70612

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
1. Which Limesurvey version do you use?

2. What does "uploaded with errors" mean?

3. Are there any error messages when downloading those files?

4. Please switch on debug mode by adding the following line to your config.php file:
$debug = '1';

Are there any additional errors reported on top of the page?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Aw: Re: Urgent: Defect Files completely stopping downlaod of attachments 2 years 8 months ago #70653

Dear Mazi,

Thanks for your answer.

Ad 1: I have tried both the original installation (updated Version 1.91+ Build 11379) and a clean installation of Version 1.91+ Build 11379 with the uploads and config file copied over.

Ad 2: I must admit that this is an assumption on my part. I have received multiple reports (especially of people with older systems) that they were unable to upload files at all or that already uploaded files disappeared after a page change. We uploaded most of these by hand after receiving them by mail.

Ad 3: No, one just gets dumped back to the full list regardless of what way of accessing the file (single file; all from single record; all records) one uses.

Ad 4: There is no error output. Just the redirect to the list under admin.php?action=browse.

A quick question: Are the files in the upload/survey/xxxxx/files directory encoded in any way or are they just the originals without any extension? In that case I could probably retrieve them and run them through a re-namer based on a database query. A lot of work but more feasible than doing everything by hand.

Re: Aw: Re: Urgent: Defect Files completely stopping downlaod of attachments 2 years 8 months ago #70670

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
Uploaded files are stored in a somewhat encrypted way. The file type ending is removed and they are renamed. I don't know about the details, you have to check the code to find out how the encrypted files and the original names are connected.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Donation Image