Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tracking completion/redirecting

Tracking completion/redirecting 2 years 9 months ago #70560

• uxexp
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,
I am using a third party to recruit participants for a survey I created. The third party is taking care of participant incentives and they would like the survey to be re-directed to their website after a participant has completed the survey. In addition, they want to be able to make sure that a particular participant has in fact completed the survey prior to paying him/her. I could use "automatically load URL when survey is completed" option but then a participant can potentially send this URL to his/her friends and just have them complete the incentive form without completing my survey. I could use unique tokens per participant but the third party does not want to give me any contact details for the participants.

Is there a fool-proof way I can accomplish this? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by uxexp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Tracking completion/redirecting 2 years 9 months ago #70571

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

I had a similar problem when creating a survey and redirecting the user to another lottery survey. I tried to let LimeSurvey handle it but had to add a javascript method to a customised template.
Anyway, if you want to check if a participant has successfully completed your survey you can use a cookie set by LimeSurvey. The cookie is called something like "PHPSID12345STATUS" where 12345 would be the survey id. When successfully completed it will have the value "COMPLETE". Perhaps the third party could use this to check if the participant did take part in the survey
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Tracking completion/redirecting 2 years 9 months ago #70606

• bwoo5
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 4
You could set up a token table for your survey. If they have 100 participants then make a 100 records in the token table and send your 3rd party company the list of valid tokens and the general link to the survey. When the participant goes to the link they will be asked to put in the token given to them. When they do and complete the survey, the token will expire and say complete. You can then just give the list of tokens that are completed to the 3rd party so they can match it to who they gave the token to and pay them.

Re: Tracking completion/redirecting 2 years 9 months ago #70609

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
bwoo5s solution should work fine.

If you don't want to use tokens and assumed the panel provider will direct the users to the survey, you can proceed as follows:
1. Create a short text question and hide it.
2. Populate that question by incoming URL (see "end URL" for examples: docs.limesurvey.org/Creating+a+new+surve...rvey&no_bl=y#General). Your provider can pass some unique ID to Limesurvey.
3. Use the end URL feature and refer to the value of the hidden question to pass back the initially passed ID of the current user.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Donation Image