Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How can I view the questions I created?

How can I view the questions I created? 2 years 8 months ago #70485

• simflex
  • Fresh Lemon
Dearest Experts,

I am a first member and I hope I can get some expert advise.

Our company is using LimeSurvey to deal with a series of issues for feedback.

For the past 2 years, someone in our company was tasked with handling this.

He left recently and I am asked to add new questions to the exsiting questions which I did.

But we would like to have a printout of the questions, along with token id.

We have no clue how to figure this out.

We were able to see the questions, answers and some other text on the db but no token id.

More impportantly, we are not sure how to get the data from db to text.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I have spent 2 days scratching my head on this.

Thanks a lot in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How can I view the questions I created? 2 years 8 months ago #70493

• DenisChenu
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 801
We were able to see the questions, answers and some other text on the db but no token id.
You can only have link betwwen token id ans survey id if the survey are set to non anonymous.

Denis

Re: How can I view the questions I created? 2 years 8 months ago #70496

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

> More impportantly, we are not sure how to get the data from db to text.

You can use one of the export-features LimeSurvey provides. You can find information about the export-features in the documentation on docs.limesurvey.org/Exporting+results

As alternative, some db-management-GUIs provide a feature to export a table to a e.g. csv, xls or whatever file.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: How can I view the questions I created? 2 years 8 months ago #70499

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
1. Do you want to print the answers of a single person, including the persons token?

2. Which Limesurvey version do you use?

3. Is the according survey set to be non anonymous?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: How can I view the questions I created? 2 years 8 months ago #70545

• simflex
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you good people for your responses.

We are using Version 1.85+ (7337).

What I was told that the print functionality doesn't print in their preferred format.

So, they came up with a custom print function.

Essentially, once a survey is created and token assigned, they copy the survey questions along with tokens into this custom print function and everything prints in the format that they prefer.

The issue is that the individual that was doing the is no longer here and we can't figure out how to print or export or open the survey with questions and token ids.

And they have a deadline of Dec 12 to get this resolved.

Oh, how do we set to non anonymous?

This is the first time, I am exposed to Lime Survey.

We want to open the questions and answers provided by the user along with token IDs so we can copy and paste them into our custom print functionality for our preferred printing format.

Basically, we add the questions. Then we try to provide dummy answers and then we generate token IDs. At this point, we would like to somehow view these questions with answers and token IDs by opening the file, copying them or exporting them.
I appreciate you guys help in resolving this.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by simflex.

Re: How can I view the questions I created? 2 years 8 months ago #70621

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
simflex wrote:
So, they came up with a custom print function.

Essentially, once a survey is created and token assigned, they copy the survey questions along with tokens into this custom print function and everything prints in the format that they prefer.

The issue is that the individual that was doing the is no longer here and we can't figure out how to print or export or open the survey with questions and token ids.

And they have a deadline of Dec 12 to get this resolved.
When it comes to custom scripts we can't help much at the forum. I offer advanced, paid support so if I should have a look, please forward the script and Limesurvey login information and further details to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will check the script.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: How can I view the questions I created? 2 years 8 months ago #70629

• simflex
  • Fresh Lemon
I am not asking for coding or scripting help. Please don't veer me toward a direction I didn't ask for.

I just wanted to know the easiest way to view the questions and or question code you asked, the answers or answer codes to those questions.

That's all.

Thank you

Re: How can I view the questions I created? 2 years 8 months ago #70638

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

sorry, I don't really get what you want to do or archieve. Do you want to print out the answers so users without internet access can fill out the survey? Or do you want to export the results/given answers of the survey?

As far as I understand you have to manually copy text to your custom print function so you can print it out the way you want. But what format does it have to be?

Colums like
|id|submitdate|lastpage|startlanguage|question1|question2|... ?

Text with rows/a new line like
id
submitdate
lastpage
startlanguage
question1
question2
... ?

What role does the token play? Do you need the token so that the participant can enter/take part in the survey?

So you want to export copy some information. But depending on your aim/what you want to do you can use different ways to export.

- Export a survey/survey structure: main menu "Display / Export" -> "Export survey"
Exports a survey as lss/xml file. This has the questions with question text and SGQA Identifikator as well as the answers with the answer text and assigned values. It doesn't have the token though.

- Export tokens: main menu "Token management" -> "Export tokens to csv file"
This feature makes it possible to export the participants you added to your survey. It includes their last name, first name, email adress, token, ... . It doesn't include anything like questions and answers because it's meant to be a participant management feature.

If you have activated your survey you can also use the following export features.

- Export results (xls/csv): main menu "Responses" -> "Responses & statistics" -> "Export results to application":
This feature is used to export the results of the survey to a csv/xls/doc file. You can customised which question or answer information/layout should be exported. You can export the questions with the given answers but without the used token and without showing the possible answers for each question.

- Export results (vv): main menu "Responses" -> "Responses & statistics" -> "Export a VV survey file":
Does export nearly the same as the feature mentioned above but has a fixed layout/shown options. This feature is used to export results so you can import it to another survey or even another LimeSurvey installation.

I don't think it is possible to export everything, i.e. questions, possible answers, used token and given answers into one document. While the question is available for taking part in the survey and showing the results, the possible answers are not shown when exporting the results and the token is meant for a participant and is not exported with the results.

If you want to find a solution using your LimeSurvey database you have to use many different tables because information is stored on different tables. For example, questions in a table like "lime_questions", answers in "lime_answers", results in something like "lime_survey_12345" and the participants/tokens in something like "lime_tokens_12345".
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Steve.

Re: How can I view the questions I created? 2 years 8 months ago #70654

• simflex
  • Fresh Lemon
Sorry if I confused anyone with my rambling.

What we are trying to achieve is this.

We have a custom print function that works well.

We built this print function to meet our organizations formating and layout needs.

The way this print function works is that we create the questions on lime survey, we active the survey, users complete the questionaire.

Then we somehow export those questions, along with question IDs or question codes and the answer codes.

We then take the question codes and answer codes and enter them manually into the printQuestion.php file.

That's how they have done it.

I am now asked to continue to manage the questions/answers and the printQuestion.php file.

The issue that I am having is that originally, 25 questions were created.

We have now added 5 more questions to bring the total to 30.

My issue/my question is how do you export the questions along with question code and answer code so I can use these codes and manually update the print file.

vierundzwanzig has done a great job of explaining it in more detail.

Thanks a lot vierundzwanzig.

Hopefully, I can find what I am looking for from his detailed explanations.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Donation Image