Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Survey for Student Schedule (list of registered courses)

Survey for Student Schedule (list of registered courses) 2 years 7 months ago #70466

• ogursoy
  • Fresh Lemon
I am looking for a solution in order to set up a student survey as the following:

Survey questions are targeting the courses that the students registered.

Is there any way to use tokens in order to alter array questions (with a list of courses student registered)?

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Survey for Student Schedule (list of registered courses) 2 years 7 months ago #70472

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 746
Hi ogursoy (og_).

You cannot directly alter the questions - all questions, labels and sub-questions/answers must be defined before activating the survey.

However, if you are using tokens, you can:
- Set a custom attribute with the student's course(s)
- Create a multiple-options question with all possible courses
- Hide this question with CSS or JavaScript
- Use a {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1} placeholder and JavaScript to get the custom attribute value(s) and check the appropriate options
- Use array filters to show only the appropriate array rows in following questions

Alternatively, you could have a whole mess of array questions and use conditions to hide/show them depending on the custom attribute.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogursoy

Re: Survey for Student Schedule (list of registered courses) 2 years 7 months ago #70474

• ogursoy
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you very much. One more question, since the number of registered courses per students varies, do you think that might cause a problem in your solution(s)?

Re: Survey for Student Schedule (list of registered courses) 2 years 7 months ago #70475

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Nope. The multiple-options and the arrays will have sub-questions for all possible courses but only those that the student took would be shown.

So the engineering majors would have 8 courses and the arts majors would have 3 :laugh:
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Survey for Student Schedule (list of registered courses) 2 years 7 months ago #70476

• ogursoy
  • Fresh Lemon
:) Thank you Tony, I appreciate your help very much. What you are doing within this community is really great. If I dont bother you, how can I bind instructor information to each courses? Namely, I also want to have reports based on instructors? :D cheers.

Re: Survey for Student Schedule (list of registered courses) 2 years 7 months ago #70477

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
It seems to me that the course names wouldn't change depending on instructor so that wouldn't affect what we've discussed to now.

I would add more custom tokens with the instructors and then use javaScript to load hidden questions with those values.

You can also export the token values with the survey data.

I should point out that all of these token solutions are conditional on your survey being non-anonymous. If the survey is set to anonymous there is no connection to the token table.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by tpartner.

Re: Survey for Student Schedule (list of registered courses) 2 years 7 months ago #70478

• ogursoy
  • Fresh Lemon
yes, I have noticed what you have emphasized recently regarding token table. I am fresh in lime. I wonder how other universities implementing similar scenarios. Thanks ,Tony.
Regards

Re: Survey for Student Schedule (list of registered courses) 2 years 7 months ago #70479

• ogursoy
  • Fresh Lemon
Also where can find (if possible) ER diagram of the whole lime project?

Re: Survey for Student Schedule (list of registered courses) 2 years 7 months ago #70482

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
I'm not sure where or if there is an ER diagram. Maybe try to find c_schmitz in on the IR channel and ask him.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Survey for Student Schedule (list of registered courses) 2 years 7 months ago #70483

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Oh, and please post the link back here if you find one so others can find it in a search.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

• Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image