Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Helpful tips and experience using LimeSurvey.

Aw: Re: Helpful tips and experience using LimeSurvey. 2 years 11 months ago #70767

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,
atiut wrote:
Two things:
1- think about the survey lenght. In the offline world a good interviewer might squeeze good answers from a respondent, but online you are counting on the good will of the people responding.

15-25 minutes would be ideal. For long questionnaires or screens take into account randomizing.

I tested another survey tool with a feature that calculates the time a participant would take to fill out the survey. The results where somewhat off/wrong, but I think the idea was good. Perhaps LimeSurvey can provide a features that helps estimating how long a participant would take to fill out the survey.

What would be a good survey lenght? I think it depends on the participant and how much interest he/she has for the survey. For example, if a participant doesn't show much interest in the survey he/she hopes it will be short. Another survey might be more interesting so he/she will take more time to complete the survey.
I think the most feedback will be given if the survey just has one question or one page with about 3 to 5 questions. But it really depends on the participant.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Aw: Re: Helpful tips and experience using LimeSurvey. 2 years 10 months ago #71554

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
We have created a wiki page where all recommendations on how to create a good survey are listed.

Please add your notes here: docs.limesurvey.org/How+to+design+a+good+survey+%28guide%29

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
Donation Image