Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Quit survey upon "No, I don't want to take part" answer

Quit survey upon "No, I don't want to take part" answer 2 years 8 months ago #70218

• Ralle
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi there,

The first question of my survey is something like "do you really want to take part here?" for some legal reasons. If the participant answers "No", the requirement I am trying to fulfil is to show a message expressing our sadness followed by quitting the survey without saving anything. Any thoughts on how to implement that easily? My idea was using the logic stuff, but wouldn't that mean adding a "only show this if answer in q1 was yes" rule to almost everything? If no, enlight me :).

Thank you for your work!
Ralle
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Quit survey upon "No, I don't want to take part" answer 2 years 8 months ago #70220

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
Two ways to realize it:

1.) As you said: Apply conditions q1=yes to every question.

2.) Use a quota on the first question. You can then screen out the people which answered no to the first question and redirect them to a URL. docs.limesurvey.org/quotas

Re: Quit survey upon "No, I don't want to take part" answer 2 years 8 months ago #70277

• atiut
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
it is quite easy to add the same condition to an entire survey since LS allows to copy a condition to all questions. The pain is if you ever change your mind, as there is no "delete all" option.

You can also ask them to register by name and email. This is automated in LS and creates a double opt in, which should be consistent with pretty much every relevant legislation in the world.

Re: Quit survey upon "No, I don't want to take part" answer 2 years 8 months ago #70324

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
atiut wrote:
it is quite easy to add the same condition to an entire survey since LS allows to copy a condition to all questions. The pain is if you ever change your mind, as there is no "delete all" option.
You can add this as a feature request at our feature tracker . Please describe your idea as detailed as possible and try to outline a suitable solution/implementation as well.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Quit survey upon "No, I don't want to take part" answer 2 years 8 months ago #70363

• atiut
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 2
Should I assume this is not considered in LS 2.0?

Re: Quit survey upon "No, I don't want to take part" answer 2 years 8 months ago #70418

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
To ym knowledge this is not on the list because the current workaround to copy a condition to all questions of the same group works fine.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image