Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Time limitation for a group of questions in question by question mode.

Time limitation for a group of questions in question by question mode. 2 years 9 months ago #69967

• paul_iv
  • Fresh Lemon
Dear all,

I have currently a survey, which consists of 15 questions grouped into one group. The questions are presented in question by question mode. I'd like to limit by 15 minutes the overall time of the survey. Is there an option how I can achieve that, so that the survey user will be able to see the time remaining?

Thanks a lot,

Paul
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Time limitation for a group of questions in question by question mode. 2 years 9 months ago #69974

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 802
Hello,

You can use Save timings? to yes on Edit survey settings . The you hav the time for each group.

To limit the tme for a global survey presented in group by group. You have to use some javascript workaround:
use:
www.ohloh.net/p/jquery-session to pass the "second" from page to page
or maybe compare date-time ?

Denis

Re: Time limitation for a group of questions in question by question mode. 2 years 9 months ago #69984

• paul_iv
  • Fresh Lemon
Denis, Thank you,

How do I embed the javascript to the survey? Is it possible to make a countdown timer for the survey participant?

Thanks a lot,

Paul

Re: Time limitation for a group of questions in question by question mode. 2 years 9 months ago #70008

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
If all questions are shown on the same page you should be able to use the available timer attributes. Simply add a boilerplate question and set a timer for this: docs.limesurvey.org/Advanced+question+se...imeSurvey#time_limit

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Time limitation for a group of questions in question by question mode. 2 years 9 months ago #70048

• paul_iv
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you,

It's exactly what I did. I've changed quanda.php as described (www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/design-issue...on?limit=10&start=10) and it works now. As I understand the time limitation option for the survey/group will be available in future versions, right?

Kind Regards,

Paul

Re: Time limitation for a group of questions in question by question mode. 2 years 9 months ago #70058

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Why do you need to change any code at qanda.php for using the advanced question atribute feature?

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Time limitation for a group of questions in question by question mode. 2 years 9 months ago #70064

• paul_iv
  • Fresh Lemon
If you don't change it nothing happens when the timer reaches 0. You can find a description of the problem as it was discussed before www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/design-issue...on?limit=10&start=10

Re: Time limitation for a group of questions in question by question mode. 2 years 9 months ago #70067

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
I see.

You can add this as a feature request at our feature tracker . Please describe your idea as detailed as possible and try to outline a suitable solution/implementation as well.

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
Donation Image