Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Assignment by counting type of answer not by counting values

Assignment by counting type of answer not by counting values 2 years 8 months ago #69723

• lili801222
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I am doing a survey whose assignment is based on counting the most of the answer type.
I mean, if I have options a, b or c as answers, I need to count how many a's, how many b's, and how many c's the user answered. And choose the biggest quantity and give an assignment.

"Mostly of a" , "Mostly of b" and "Mostly of c"

It seem easy, but I have been searching through the forum but I cannot find something related.

Thanks in advanced for your kind help
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Assignment by counting type of answer not by counting values 2 years 8 months ago #69736

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
I think the problem is that the a/b/c parts will be spread over different questions/pages -> so this isn't possible. You'd have to code your own analysis script which gets passed the current data set ID, then reads out the results and does the calculations.

Next year - when we hope to release Limesurvey 2.0- this can be handled by a new feature called Expression Manager. See docs.limesurvey.org/Expression+Manager+H...s_in_the_survey_data

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: lili801222

Re: Assignment by counting type of answer not by counting values 2 years 8 months ago #69754

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 748
Ii thinkthis is similar to an assessment.

On each survey page, you can use JavaScript to set a cookie or persistent data with the number of answers by type. Then ,presumably at the end of the survey, you can total each type and act accordingly.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lili801222

Re: Assignment by counting type of answer not by counting values 2 years 8 months ago #69818

• lili801222
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello Mazi,

Do you know about a code similar to a "script which gets passed the current data set ID, then reads out the results" that somebody have done before?

Thank you!

(btw, when does limesurvey v.2.0 will be released? ... I have read about Expression Manager but thinking about the intallation and about the learning process of the new sintax, It seems easier to manage java script :unsure: )

Re: Assignment by counting type of answer not by counting values 2 years 8 months ago #69853

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
lili801222 wrote:
Hello Mazi,

Do you know about a code similar to a "script which gets passed the current data set ID, then reads out the results" that somebody have done before?
This will be some very customized code so I can't help out with any samples. If you are interested in advanced (paid) coding support, drop me a note at marcel.minke(at)limesurvey.org

I think a stable version of Limesurvey 2.0 won't be released this year anymore, because of: www.limesurvey.org/en/component/content/...he-reasons-behind-it

See also: www.limesurvey.org/en/component/content/...ipation-and-the-port

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image