Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I use a date picker to set the date in the text of a question?

Can I use a date picker to set the date in the text of a question? 2 years 10 months ago #69520

This is a follow up to an earlier post. I have a survey that includes several dates at the question level. My users want to be able to set the dates within the question without having to worry about formats or retyping the dates repeatedly. Is it possible to integrate the results from a date picker into the text of a question?

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can I use a date picker to set the date in the text of a question? 2 years 10 months ago #69525

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Can I use a date picker to set the date in the text of a question? 2 years 10 months ago #69530

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 789
Can't you initially set the date with a date type question and then use {INSERTANS} to pipe that value into following question text?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Can I use a date picker to set the date in the text of a question? 2 years 10 months ago #69551

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
tpartner wrote:
Can't you initially set the date with a date type question and then use {INSERTANS} to pipe that value into following question text?
But without any additional Javascript there is no option to fill the text field?!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Can I use a date picker to set the date in the text of a question? 2 years 10 months ago #69569

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
I was under the impression the dates were to be piped into subsequent question text, not question answers.

nrichster123, perhaps you can eleborate.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Can I use a date picker to set the date in the text of a question? 2 years 9 months ago #69803

Sorry for the delay. There may be a better way to approach this altogether. Hopefully, I can provide a clear explanation of the process that will help you to make suggestions. My client wants to use a form or survey (we'll call this Form A) to input information into a related form or survey (we'll call this Form B). There are a series of standard fields labels that are always used in Form A. These include setting two to three sets of date ranges, a pull down for currency types, setting a project name and assigning a project number.

The ideal goal would be to autofill the text of the questions in Form B with the answers from the questions in Form A. If that were possible, a simple date picker could be used to populate the answer field in Form A and it would take care of what I need in Form B.

If I could solve the problem, I could always auto-populate answers in Form B first, set the questions from the auto-populated page to hidden and auto-insert the answers into subsequent questions in Form B. Even if Form A has to be a csv or other flat file. Finding a way to be able to pre-fill answer fields from an external source is probably what is at the core of my question.

Re: Can I use a date picker to set the date in the text of a question? 2 years 9 months ago #69805

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Well, you can use AJAX to import data froma CSV.

If you can give a sample CSV I'll do up a script to import the CSV contents and load them into text questions.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Re: Can I use a date picker to set the date in the text of a question? 2 years 9 months ago #70437

I apologize for the delayed response. Here is a copy of the csv file that I am using. We've made modifications to the Edit Text Elements page so that the csv file can be generated for each survey. I need to match an option in column 1 and autofill the subsequent dates. The subquestion has up to four rows of information.

Columns would be:
Preferred Option 1: > Check-In > Check-Out
Attachments:

Re: Can I use a date picker to set the date in the text of a question? 2 years 9 months ago #70550

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
What question type are you using for the dates? Multiple-options or arrays?

Can you provide a screenshot?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Donation Image