Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I "create" questions based on previous answers?

Can I "create" questions based on previous answers? 2 years 11 months ago #69489

• Ralle
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi there,

My questionnaire is ought to include a question "What sports do you regularly do?" with the possibility to give an arbitrary number of free text answers.
For each of those answers which are not known at create-time, I would like to have a equally named subquestion in a dual matrix created for me. Is this possible with LimeSurvey? :)

Thank you very much in advance!
Ralle
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can I "create" questions based on previous answers? 2 years 11 months ago #69491

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 299
There is no inbuild feature for this. You can split this up into single questions and then use conditions as a workaround.

Another solution would be to provide the possibility to enter X answers and have a following question with X subquestions as well. The use Javascript to check which text fields were filled out, read out the text, replace some placeholder at tghe following question's subquestion and hide the ones that were not filled out. This requires some customized coding and can become quite complex. Also think about how you want to anylse data later on.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Can I "create" questions based on previous answers? 2 years 11 months ago #69495

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 810
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
Donation Image