Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I conditionally direct a user to a "Thank you, Good Bye" page?

Can I conditionally direct a user to a "Thank you, Good Bye" page? 2 years 9 months ago #69473

• ToniM
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I am entirely new to Lime Survey and I am not a programmer, so thank you ever so much in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

My survey's opening question is designed to filter out people who have already responded to the survey, on paper or electronically.

I believe that I could simply limit the survey to a single reply-per IP address, but some people share computers (people responding from Internet Cafes, couples, students in digs etc.) and so I would rather eliminate them through a question.

Ideally, if the answers is "yes", the survey should direct them to a page, still within the Lime Survey environment, that explains why we cannot take duplicates and asks them to click on close or, within a specified time-interval, redirects them to our website's homepage..

Is there a way of doing this without having to learn coding?

Once again, many thanks.

Best regards.

ToniM
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can I conditionally direct a user to a "Thank you, Good Bye" page? 2 years 9 months ago #69476

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 767
There are 2 methods:

1) Use a quota on the first question. Set the quota for the "Yes" answer to 0.

2) You can use conditions to only show the following questions if the first question is "No" and show a text-display question if the answer is "Yes"
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToniM

Re: Can I conditionally direct a user to a "Thank you, Good Bye" page? 2 years 9 months ago #69478

• ToniM
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for your quick reply tpartner.

I have in fact used the second method:

The very first question "Do you believe you have already answered to this survey, on paper or electronically?" is linked to a Yes/No reply.

A response of "Yes" triggers a a text-display "As you have already answered our questions, you don't need to do so again, as this would skew the results. Please Click on the 'Clear and Exit' button. Thank you for visiting our survey. Good bye!".

I guess I was looking for a more 'decisive' branching option, that takes the user to a page that automatically and (politely :)) throws them out., back to our site.

Your kind reply suggests that there may not be a way to affect such a branching jump.

Thank you again anyway.
Best regards.

Toni

Perhaps controlling the IP address really is the only duplication control.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by ToniM.

Re: Can I conditionally direct a user to a "Thank you, Good Bye" page? 2 years 9 months ago #69482

• tpartner
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 767
I guess I was looking for a more 'decisive' branching option, that takes the user to a page that automatically and (politely ) throws them out., back to our site.
You can add some JavaScript to the text-display to redirect them.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Can I conditionally direct a user to a "Thank you, Good Bye" page? 2 years 9 months ago #69484

• ToniM
  • Fresh Lemon
tpartner wrote:
I guess I was looking for a more 'decisive' branching option, that takes the user to a page that automatically and (politely ) throws them out., back to our site.
You can add some JavaScript to the text-display to redirect them.

Aw! :blush: I learned some BASIC and COBOL in the 80s and, at a pinch, I can find my way around basic HTML and CSS, but I am afraid know nothing of Java. At 56 it may be a bit late to start!

Thanks anyway for your kind help anyway, tpartner, you're very sweet.

Be well!

Toni
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by ToniM.

Re: Can I conditionally direct a user to a "Thank you, Good Bye" page? 2 years 9 months ago #69494

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
You should use quotas then because when using quotas you can define an URL to which the user should be redirected automatically.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
Donation Image