Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Quotas: What am I missing??

Quotas: What am I missing?? 2 years 5 months ago #69415

I'm working on creating a survey for my university to allow people to register for a bus that would take them to and from the local airports, bus terminals, etc.

I have fields requesting their personal info, then two radio list questions, one outbound, one inbound, asking them what their destinations are.

The questions have the same basic answers. The first three options for each of those questions is a destination. There is also a fourth option on each question, stating that the person will not be riding the bus in this direction (for example, needs a ride TO the airport on a friday, but will not be utilizing the sunday return bus).

There are only 25 seats on each bus, and I would like to prevent people from being able to sign up for a seat that is not there. I would, however, like them to still be able to sign up for the other bus if space is remaining.

I currently have the <a href='docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=Set+survey+quotas'>quotas</a> set at 25 for the first three options to these questions (the options for people who need seats on those buses) but in a trial my friend and i just ran, the <a href='docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=Set+survey+quotas'>quotas</a> never kicked in...

UPDATE: I just checked out my quotas page info and it says that 0 of the quota limits were activated. What am I missing here?

Am I doing this correctly? Is there a better way to meet my needs with this survey?

I've been googling for two days with no dice and I would appreciate a replied answer, but I would still be grateful for a previous thread that explains this issue.

Thank you!
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by SullyBird89.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Quotas: What am I missing?? 2 years 5 months ago #69422

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
I think the quota only kick in when the survey is activated.

I also don't think that Limesurvey is the right tool for what you want to do.

It is a tool for surveys and the case that a quota is full but you want them still proceed is not a case that is normal in a survey.

Quota means that survey closes.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Quotas: What am I missing?? 2 years 5 months ago #69425

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 40
Question is if Limesurvey only registers the preferences or should also be the booking system. Since you are talking about sign up, how do you ensure that people are getting a confirmation?

The quota system won't help you as holch already stated.

You might be able to tweak this software to suit your needs:
sourceforge.net/projects/phpscheduleit/
www.php.brickhost.com/
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Donation Image