Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Redirect to the first page again after finished do survey

• supero_151
  • supero_151's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #69043 by supero_151
Some of my survey is paper base. For the reason of analyse, I would like to put it into the limesurvey. After I finished 1 set of question, I would like to redirect the page to the first page of question again to do the other set of questionaire. How can I do?

Appreciated with you answer
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 4 months ago #69045 by DenisChenu
You can see EndUrl setting in survey parameter.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • supero_151
  • supero_151's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #69074 by supero_151
Thank you again. I really think that I read a lot of doc but I still miss many point. Thank you very much.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
12 years 4 months ago #69078 by Mazi
If you are missing some information in the manual feel free to improve it. Our manual is a wiki, everyone can edit it and you can't do much wrong.
So if you miss anything in the manual and you found out how to do it please add this information. Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
More
12 years 4 months ago #69217 by jelo
Since you are already talking about the EndURL.

There was this features request:
ideas.limesurvey.org/ideatorrent/idea/144/

And I haven't found a way to condition exit urls via text blocks.
The quota is still a workaround.
The idea to implement Redirect/EndSurvey as a questiontype hasn't made many friends. That way the whole conditions could be used.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • tpartner
  • Away
More
12 years 4 months ago #69225 by tpartner
jelo, another workaround...

You can use JavaScript to set a cookie to pass question values from the last page of the survey to the end page. See this post - www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/design-issue...result-message#56853

Another alternative to pass the data is to use PersistJS - pablotron.org/?cid=1557

Then in the end page you can redirect the user with JavaScript.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
12 years 4 months ago #69237 by jelo
I admire your javscript ideas and skills for workarounds. I also appreciate your links to interesting stuff around javascript.

I am a bit reluctant in using workarounds since they are a new source for problems. I had not so funny experience when I used the workaround for hiding a question (before it was implemented in the back-end as a feature). The hidden question was used to store a random number, which was used to choose different parts of the survey. But the question was not always hidden. On some browsers the question was shown and the number could be edited. Since I used a bridged survey I had the change to record the browser environment and could track that back to certain browsers.

BTW That's the reason I submitted this feature request:
ideas.limesurvey.org/ideatorrent/idea/49/

When testing and copying, exporting, importing surveys these workaround I am always afraid that the SGQA ientifiers get messed up and additional testing is needed.

In a commercial environment that would add to much time to be sure to get the survey finished in 24-48h.
Since Limesurvey seems to try to get a foot into the commercial fieldwork (the professional support menu at the top of the site and the adbanners) the featureset might shift a bit.

• tpartner
  • Away
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #69253 by tpartner

But the question was not always hidden. On some browsers the question was shown...

I would be interested to know what JavaScript was used to hide the question and in which browsers it did not work.

I can understand some concern about respondents who have JavaScript disabled but that is fairly easily solved with a bit of CSS in the welome page preventing them from entering the survey without JavaScript enabled.

As for increasing the time required to develop the survey, any added functionality will, of course, increase the time to test, just as adding more questions will increase testing time. I don't see that as preventing commercial applications of LimeSurvey. In fact, that's all I do with it. Some surveys can be developed and tested in a day, others may take several weeks if the client wants a very complex survey or changes the requirements.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by tpartner. Reason: typos
More
12 years 4 months ago #69265 by jelo

tpartner wrote: I would be interested to know what JavaScript was used to hide the question and in which browsers it did not work.

Sorry, too long ago. I haven't documented the case good enough. And since the hidden question feature I didn't test to hide the question again.

I used the topic "Generate random number to control survey behaviour" for my hidden question code. Perhaps a old revision of the wiki is still available with the hidden question part. Today the article is written for 1.9 and missing that information.

More
10 years 10 months ago #96082 by cpiguy
I realize I'm a little late to the party on this.

I wanted to do an automatic redirect out of the completed form back the our site with the panel variables.

This was my solution...its bad, but gets the job done. I'm sure someone can come up with something sleeker.
Code:
<script>
      var getData = "{URL}";

var splitData = getData.split("?")[1];

var splitDataAgain = splitData.split("'")[0];

window.open("returnUrl.php?"+splitDataAgain, "_self");
</script>
More
10 years 10 months ago #96091 by Ben_V
I suppose you already know that you can pass some data values in the end URL. see doc

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
More
10 years 10 months ago #96129 by cpiguy
I missed it when reading the docs. Much faster way to redirect and less cumbersome.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose