Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Find tokens that have begun, but not completed survey?

Find tokens that have begun, but not completed survey? 2 years 11 months ago #68603

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Hi,

Is there anyway I can filter the tokens which have opened/begun the survey, but not completed it? I ask because I would like to send a special reminder to this specific group of respondents.

Also see this idea: ideas.limesurvey.org/ideatorrent/idea/181/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Find tokens that have begun, but not completed survey? 2 years 11 months ago #68680

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
To my knowledge there is no feature like this. If your survey is set to be NON anonymous it should be posible to collect the according information though. It just has to be coded.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Find tokens that have begun, but not completed survey? 2 years 11 months ago #68684

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Yes - the survey is set to be non anonymous.

A script must already be aggregating the information, as the results page lists how many completed and non-completed responses have been completed. This info would be really nice to have as token status. I propose token status A, B or C.
A: Token active (currently logged in)
B: Begun (Not completed)
C: Completed.

Also see this idea - not approved yet: ideas.limesurvey.org/ideatorrent/idea/334/

Re: Find tokens that have begun, but not completed survey? 2 years 11 months ago #68702

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 844
Hello,

For A it's difficult, we can set it "Active" each time the user click on next, but when we put Not completed ?

I think we can have a "select box" at reminder ( subaction=remind ) with:
Not started
Not completed

And maybe a input box for "Not completed" with Min days after starting. But this option can be available only if survey is timed and not anonymous.

Another problem : Not completed have to be available only if "Enable token-based response persistence?" is activated.

Denis
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by DenisChenu.

Re: Find tokens that have begun, but not completed survey? 2 years 11 months ago #68705

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Yes - that sounds very clever.

For A - what I thought is "set it to active each time a user clicks next + the value of $sessionlifetime?"

Personally I don't care if survey must be non-anonymous and timed. (Most of my surveys are) :-) I just really would like this feature :-D

sincerely
Andreas

Re: Find tokens that have begun, but not completed survey? 2 years 11 months ago #68884

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
I would go for the easy solution first and therefore suggest to extend the "completed" column at the token overview so we have:
1. Completed = Y/timestamp
2. Not started yes/incomplete (N)
3. NEW: started (S/timestamp)

Andreas, would you be interested in sponsoring development of such a feature?
Would the above fit your needs?

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Find tokens that have begun, but not completed survey? 2 years 11 months ago #68887

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
lovepade wrote:
Also see this idea - not approved yet: ideas.limesurvey.org/ideatorrent/idea/334/
Idea approved. the new "Central Participant Database" will support complex search and filtering.

Probably this will also be added at Limesurvey the next months during the Google Code in 2011 contest for which we were just accpeted: docs.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey+project+i...token_overview_table

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Find tokens that have begun, but not completed survey? 2 years 11 months ago #68911

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
This would help, as long as I can choose to send reminders to only one of these groups (well - only group 2). But in order for this to be truly helpful, we need a specific email template for "begun, but not completed", i.e. group 2. (basically idea 181)

I am very low on funds atm, so I wont/cant sponsor the development. But I'll be glad to make a small donation.

Re: Find tokens that have begun, but not completed survey? 2 years 11 months ago #68912

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Thanks. Congrats on Google code acceptance. Yes - sorting would be very very nice. I e.g. use the sortables dokuwiki plugin. Maybe some of that code can help? www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:sortablejs

Re: Find tokens that have begun, but not completed survey? 2 years 11 months ago #68914

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 844
lovepade wrote:
Thanks. Congrats on Google code acceptance. Yes - sorting would be very very nice. I e.g. use the sortables dokuwiki plugin. Maybe some of that code can help? www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:sortablejs
I think we can use jquery-ui sortable directly ;)

Oups : for table in javascript (jquery), i prefer datatables.net/release-datatables/exampl...ces/server_side.html :)
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by DenisChenu. Reason: Not sortable, but datatable
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Donation Image