Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Real Time Delphi on LimeSurvey?

Real Time Delphi on LimeSurvey? 2 years 9 months ago #68293

• claudiopt
  • Fresh Lemon
Has anyone worked on designing a Real Time Delphi with LimeSurvey? If anyone needs further clarification about what it is a RTD, just ask me. Meanwhile, you can check it en.wikipedia.org/Real-time_Delphi

Thanks,

Claudio Santos
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Real Time Delphi on LimeSurvey? 2 years 7 months ago #72476

I am currently looking into the same question - but if there is any experience out there would be great to know about it ...

essentially the question is if Limesurvey can present each visitor with an aggregated view of all answers provided so far in the past. And to make it real-time this aggregated view would need to be generated automatically as soon as the the visitor enters the survey

Cheers Christian

Re: Aw: Real Time Delphi on LimeSurvey? 2 years 7 months ago #72485

• DenisChenu
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 800
Hello Christian,

I already made somrthing like that :
Using some jquery plugin : ( autocomplete ) and a personal php file for json source ( request on the LS database with some caching and PDO )

Look for example : jqueryui.com/demos/autocomplete/#remote-jsonp
or jqueryui.com/demos/autocomplete/#remote

And you have some documentation on LS doc : Use jQuery Autocomplete plugin to suggest answers for text inputs

Denis

Re: Aw: Real Time Delphi on LimeSurvey? 2 years 7 months ago #72488

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
Couldn't an approach like this lead to big potential privacy issues? In market research we can't pass on private information to clients or other third parties. However, in open ended questions there can easily be included private information (it is incredible what some people write there).

So I think if this is real time, there is no chance to control and filter private information given in open ended questions, which would be against privacy laws in many countries and of course against the ESOMAR code of conduct.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Aw: Real Time Delphi on LimeSurvey? 2 years 7 months ago #72491

• DenisChenu
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 800
Hello holch,

You're totally right, but here it's not a LS functionnality directly but a workaround.
The administrator put the functionnality :).

Denis

Re: Aw: Real Time Delphi on LimeSurvey? 2 years 7 months ago #72493

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Yeah, I just wanted to highlight that, because people tent to forget about those things and later are in trouble because of the lack of data protection. This all depends on local laws and what you are doing. But for someone who takes market research serious, this is an issue.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Aw: Real Time Delphi on LimeSurvey? 2 years 7 months ago #72494

@Holch
definitely a valid concern. Thouhg the real time Delphi we have in mind would target a group of experts across Europe (maybe 1000 -2000 people) - this seems different to market research where you address much more people of all sorts. Technically we could (a) include the option of monitoring open text entries - resulting in a semi-real time Delphi or (b) have some 'informed consent' mechanism, saying 'pls be aware that your comments might be shown to other survey respondents etc' - and maybe an opt out check mark which would exclude the comment from being shared.

@Denis
Looks very promising, need to look into this more closely and find out what kind of implementation effort is needed. many thanks anyway, will report here if we succeed ;)

Re: Aw: Real Time Delphi on LimeSurvey? 2 years 7 months ago #72495

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Well, you can do market research with experts as well, so I don't think it is much different.

You would have to check the respective data protection laws that apply. As you are researching people all over Europe this can be quite tricky, because in theory you would have to check local laws for each country, which probably isn't really possible.

So I would suggest to have a quick review step in between. I know that authorities are getting more and more into that and what wasn't a real problem a few years ago, today can cause quite some trouble. Especially in Germany data protection is a big issue (see Google Analytics, Facebook, etc.).

Maybe your other solutions might work, but this depends very much on the interpretation of the data protection authorities.

But this definitely workaround.

Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by holch.

Re: Aw: Real Time Delphi on LimeSurvey? 2 years 7 months ago #72503

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
christian_lime wrote:
I am currently looking into the same question - but if there is any experience out there would be great to know about it ...

essentially the question is if Limesurvey can present each visitor with an aggregated view of all answers provided so far in the past. And to make it real-time this aggregated view would need to be generated automatically as soon as the the visitor enters the survey

Cheers Christian
Are you looking for something like the public statistics, but shown at the beginning of the survey?
Link: docs.limesurvey.org/Statistics&structure...ey#Public_Statistics

Demo: survey.limesurvey.org/statistics_user.ph...statistics&sid=59242

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Donation Image