Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Changing data after completion of questionnaire

Changing data after completion of questionnaire 2 years 11 months ago #68216

• LS_fan
  • Fresh Lemon
Backgound:
I am using LS for target group screening for projects only, while I have a customised CRM-database running for personal information and campaign management.
Usually we invite people of our community for a survey by using our personal ID piping through the main link (http://.../index.php?sid=XXXX&lang=de&SIDXGIDXQID=YYYY), which is then used again with the endlink with an <a href='www.docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?p...tions+for+LimeSurvey'>SGQA</a> Identifier to report our main database that the questionnaire ist completed. This is working fine so far.

Following new case:
We would like to add some personal information at the end which should directly be entered in our main CRM-database. Passing the information through a link is not an appropriate method, as the amount of characters is fairly restricted, so our idea is to use a questionnaire at the end. Due to the concept of the screening, we need three questionnaires in total, which are used as following:
- first questionnaires (customised/no LS) connected to CRM-database, piping ID-information to
- second questionnaire programmed with limesurvey for project related information, piping ID-information to
- third questionnaire (customised/no LS) which is finally doing the opt-in for main CRM database.

Here is my issue:
I want the third questionnaire to pipe an 0 or 1 to the second questionnaire = limesurvey questionnaire for each ID, if someone clicks on a link.
How can I track the correct ID in LimeSurvey and write/change data into certain variable of one dataset?

Any ideas? Perhaps by using a token?
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by LS_fan.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Changing data after completion of questionnaire 2 years 11 months ago #68218

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
The data set ID of the current user can be passed by URL using the {SAVEDID} placeholder. A simple "SELECT * FROM lime_survey_12345 WHERE id=22" should return the answer data for the user having ID=22.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Changing data after completion of questionnaire 2 years 11 months ago #68229

• LS_fan
  • Fresh Lemon
Dear Mazi,

sounds like a good solution to me!

I will have a try and keep you informed. Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers, Tim

Re: Changing data after completion of questionnaire 2 years 11 months ago #68235

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
You're welcome!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Donation Image