Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Password

Password 3 years 1 month ago #67766

Hi all,

I have two separate surveys - Survey A and Survey B. I want to create a setting whereby only participants who have completed Survey A (open to everyone) can have access to Survey B.

I understand that I can create a boilerplate question at the end of Survey A to ask participants to take note of the password that will allow them to access to Survey B.

The issue is how do I make Survey B password protected?

Anyone have any solution or better ideas?

Thank you very much.

Regards
Eileen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Password 3 years 1 month ago #67767

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 868
Hello,

In survey B, use token table, deactivate "Enable token-based response persistence?" and "Allow editing answers after completion?" and activate "Anonymized responses? " to be sure in general setting of survey B ( it's OK by default).

In this survey : activate the token table, and add a token with use left to "10 000 000".

Then, you can give the token at the end of the survey A, and put the link of the survey B with the token in end url of survey B.

There are other possibility, but this one is the easyiest way i see.

Denis

Re: Password 3 years 1 month ago #67768

Thanks shnoulle for your suggestion (:

I am a beginner with the use of token. Could you kindly guide me in terms of where to find "token table" and deactivate the things you mention?

- how do i active the token table in survey A?

Re: Password 3 years 1 month ago #67769

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
eileenchew6 wrote:
- how do i active the token table in survey A?
Don't activate token in survey A :), if you do this, then it wasn't open to everyone :).

docs.limesurvey.org/Tokens
docs.limesurvey.org/Creating+a+new+survey

Re: Password 3 years 1 month ago #67770

Hi Shnoulle,

thank you for helping out. What do you mean by "in this survey"? which survey are u referring to?

Cheers
Shnoulle wrote:
Hello,

In survey B, use token table, deactivate "Enable token-based response persistence?" and "Allow editing answers after completion?" and activate "Anonymized responses? " to be sure in general setting of survey B ( it's OK by default).

In this survey : activate the token table, and add a token with use left to "10 000 000".

Then, you can give the token at the end of the survey A, and put the link of the survey B with the token in end url of survey B.

There are other possibility, but this one is the easyiest way i see.

Denis

Re: Password 3 years 1 month ago #67775

Hi everyone,

I have received some good advice from Shnoulle but need some help in seeing it through..

Shnoulle explained to "activate the token table, and add a token with use left to "10 000 000"

I went to the token help website and it displayed a picture under "add token entry" with the function of "uses left" reflected. But when i navigate to the page on my survey, it has other function similar to the help site but not the "uses left" field. Why?

Shnoulle also mentioned:
"Then, you can give(how to give? will it be in the form of a link?) the token at the end of the survey A, and put the link of the survey B with the token in end url of survey B . (Is there a typo? Is Shnoulle referring to Survey A instead?)

Would really appreciate if anyone can give me a step by step help with regards to my issue (refer to my first post).

Read through docs.limesurvey.org/Tokens
docs.limesurvey.org/Creating+a+new+survey but i am still perplexed by what i can do to resolve my situation. Anyone can recommend another good site to read up regarding tokens?

Cheers all! :)

Re: Password 3 years 1 month ago #67776

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 377
If you don't have the "uses left" function, then your version of limesurvey is not the latest. Have a look in the footer of your admin page, there the version of Limesurvey should be shown.

I don't know of any better page about the tokens than the Limesurvey documentation. I don't think that you'll find any better information.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Password 3 years 4 weeks ago #67778

What version i should be using?

So i cant resolve my issue with the older version 1.90beta 2?

Re: Password 3 years 4 weeks ago #67786

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
I think the best is to update to 1.91, the last version.

The Suses left appear only on 1.91 version :).

For the endurl, it's a typo, sorry .....

If you survey id of survey B is 1000, ans the token of the survey B is password then at endurl put this in end url of survey A.
http://your-LS-<a href='http://www.docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=Installation&structure=English+Instructions+for+LimeSurvey'>installation</a>//index.php?sid=1000&token=password

Denis
Last Edit: 3 years 4 weeks ago by DenisChenu. Reason: typo

Re: Password 3 years 4 weeks ago #67789

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 377
eileenchew6 wrote:
What version i should be using?

So i cant resolve my issue with the older version 1.90beta 2?

You should never use a Beta version for actual projects anyway. "beta" means "working, but not quite ready yet - there might be still quite a few problems". So for product level only use the finished version.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Donation Image