Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Text annotation, evaluation

Text annotation, evaluation 2 years 5 months ago #67734

• janarque
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I just registered here in the forum because I am planning to realize the following task and was wondering if I could achieve this with limesurvey: I have a collection of around ten thousand texts which I want to annotate, evaluate in a distributed effort via a survey. If somebody wants to participate in the survey, ideally the survey tool should select say 5 texts out of my text collection and the participant is then asked to answer two multiple choice questions about each of the displayed texts. the next participant is asked to do the same for the next five texts and so on. the final goal should be that a large fraction of the texts are annotated in that way. i would be very grateful if you could give me a hint if and how i can do this with limesurvey.

best regards,

andreas
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Text annotation, evaluation 2 years 5 months ago #67753

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
Hi Andreas,

such a feature doesn't exist yet because usually at surveys the question text and answer option are predefined and can't be changed dynamically.
Only solution I can think of is to implement an Ajax call which refers to a to be coded PHP script (I coded something similar for a customer recently). This script can connect to y database holding your text information. The texts can then be displayed within the survey and afterwards the according text entry is marked "used" at the database so that they won't be shown again.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: janarque

Re: Text annotation, evaluation 2 years 5 months ago #67765

• janarque
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello Mazi,

Thank you very much for your response. I was already scared that wouldn't work. Are you aware if there is a survey tool which can do this or is there any possibility to get the ajax code you mentioned;-)?

Bes regards,

Andreas

Re: Text annotation, evaluation 2 years 5 months ago #67799

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
As for all other survey tools the problem is the same: you'd have to connect the survey to your database and dynamically load the text strings. Open Source software like Limesurvey is the best choice in such cases because I have never seen any tool offering an API to connect to another DB at all.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Donation Image