Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Matrix Fields depending on previous answer

Matrix Fields depending on previous answer 2 years 9 months ago #67575

• Genzo
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi folks,

I tried everything but could not find the solution for my problem!

I use "DP - Array Multi Flexi Numbers Checkbox.csv" to get information about an item. Lets say a car. In the question before I asked how many cars have been bought.

The only option I found was to set the value of cars to a maximum , e.g. 10, and the user fills out as many fields as necessary and leaves the rest blank. But since I asked in the Question before "How many cars did you buy in your life" i thought I could use the answers to set the number of fields.

Currently I am using a label set (Car 1, Car2, etc...), can this be dynamic?

Is this possible or is the problem that by acitvating a survey the table to store the answer data is created static, so this table has a fixed number of columns and it can't be changed dynamically?

Thank you very much already for reading this and hopefully for your reply! ;)
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Genzo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Matrix Fields depending on previous answer 2 years 9 months ago #67582

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Currently Limesurvey lacks the dynamic you have described. You also described why: "...the problem that by acitvating a survey the table to store the answer data is created static, so this table has a fixed number of columns and it can't be changed dynamically."

There will probably be a new feature at the upcoming Limesurvey 2.0 version to hide sub-questions by using <a href='docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=Setting%20conditions'>conditions</a>. Until then the only alternative solution would be to put both questions on the same page and code some customized Javascript to only show as many answer options as needed.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Mazi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Genzo
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Donation Image