Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to move from one part of a split survey to another.

How to move from one part of a split survey to another. 2 years 10 months ago #67574

Hello, i am make a survey whit this limesurvey Versión 1.91+ Build 11026. My survey is very large, i had to split in two surveys, whe the first survey is finished i send it to second survey http://192.168.1.9/encuestas/index.php?lang=es&sid=16426&token={TOKEN}. It´s ok.

My first problem is, in the first split survey i have a question 10:
Choose one group:

The questions of groups 1 and 2 are in the first split suvery, and the groups 3 and 4 are in the second split survey. I don´t know how to save the value of question 10 to send this value to the second split survey.

My second problem is that, i have to do the question 10 again when i fill the group.

For example: i fill question 10 at the first time i said group 4, the group 4 is in the second split survey, i fill group 4 and i ask again question 10. At the second time i said group 1, and the group 1 is in the first split survey ....

Sorry for my english.

A lot of thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to move from one part of a split survey to another. 2 years 10 months ago #67585

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 293
@1: You can pass the answer to question 10 to the second survey by URL as well. At the second survey create a similar question with similar answer options. If that question uses IDs 12345=surveyID, 22=groupID, 333=questionID then you should add at the end URL:
...&12345X22X333={INSERTANS:55555X11X4444} where "55555X11X4444" refers to the same IDs of survey 1.
The copied question can then be hidden and should be filled by the parameter passed by URL so you can also apply conditions on it.

@2: I don't understand the problem, I think the workflow described above should solve your problem?!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: alfredoleganes

Re: How to move from one part of a split survey to another. 2 years 10 months ago #67630

A lot of thank Mazi for your support, but if the question 10 is a multiple question, is it works ?

I put this in the URL os first split survey :
XX.XX.xx.xx/encuestas/index.php?lang=es&...ANS:16143X1795X86915}

where 16426X1798X86937 is the sames quetion 10 in the second split survey and
6143X1795X86915 is the question 10 in the first split survey .
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by alfredoleganes.

Re: How to move from one part of a split survey to another. 2 years 10 months ago #67675

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
If it is a multiple chocie question then you have to pass 10 parameters because each answer item is treated as a subquestion. See docs.limesurvey.org/SGQA+identifier&stru...ple_Choice_Questions

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: How to move from one part of a split survey to another. 2 years 9 months ago #67823

Sorry Mazi, i am try to do it and its wrong. In survey prueba1.lss i have a 48961x1803x86964 a simple questions and in the prueba2.lss i have 28987x1805x86969 a simple questions.

I put this in the URL os first split survey :
http://192.168.1.2/encuestas/index.php?sid=28987&lang=es&token={TOKEN}&28987X1805X86969={INSERTANS:48961X1803X86964}

but it´s not working.
Attachments:

Re: How to move from one part of a split survey to another. 2 years 9 months ago #67824

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
I tested the surveys you attached. A short note: Instead of using ...192.168...index.php?... you can simply use "index.php?..." without the rest before the "index.php" (assumed your surveys run on the same server). This makes it easier to port the surveys later on.

The problem I noticed was that when passing the answer by URL, the system passes the answer text. BUT for prefilling the answer at the following survey, you need to pass the answer code.
I could make this work by chaning the answer codes at the second survey to the answer texts of the according question at survey 1.
So this might only work out if you use the answer texts of the question at survey 1 at the question of survey 2 (which might cause problems because of the limitation of 5 chars for the answer code).

Dr. Marcel Minke
The following user(s) said Thank You: alfredoleganes

Re: How to move from one part of a split survey to another. 2 years 9 months ago #67830

Why my answer code has 5 chars?, i make this survey to try and it´s very short.

Re: How to move from one part of a split survey to another. 2 years 9 months ago #67864

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
The answer code length is limited to 5 chars code-wise. There is not much you can do about it I guess.

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Donation Image