Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is it safe to send email invitation on behalf of another domain (SPF)

Is it safe to send email invitation on behalf of another domain (SPF) 2 years 11 months ago #67157

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Does anybody have experience with SPF and sending emails on behalf of other domains?

Real quick: if my domain is e.g. survey.com and I send an invitation on behalf of e.g. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., I might fool the user, but not the receiving mailserver. If school.edu has created an SPF record as part of their DNS, I know there is a fairly big chance that my mail will be categorised as spam. But what if they dont have an SPF record?

My own gut feeling is that without an SPF record, the mail server will most likely let the mail through. Is this correct?

tl;dr: When sending email masking as another domain then my own, is it then enough to make sure that the other domain don't have an SPF record, or should I always make sure that they do have an SPF record and that my domain is listed as an allowed host.

en.wikipedia.org/Sender_Policy_Framework#Reasons_to_implement
www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=33786
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Is it safe to send email invitation on behalf of another domain (SPF) 2 years 11 months ago #67178

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 824
You have 2 sender in a mail.

The "from" and the "return-path".

It's important the return-path are good according to spf.
It seems from are less important.

For LS: Return-path => bounce email

But every mail server have different rules for spam ....

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lovepade

Re: Is it safe to send email invitation on behalf of another domain (SPF) 2 years 11 months ago #67243

• lovepade
  • Expert Lime
Ah - didn't know that. Thanks.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image