Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Export to Excel - Help with detailed report output

Export to Excel - Help with detailed report output 3 years 1 week ago #67110

Hi all

I have recently conducted my first survey using LimeSurvey - great tool!

I have 88 respondents to 49 questions I asked.

My question:

1. When I click the GET statistics button and under the OUTPUT option I select EXCEL - I get a nice summary of the everyone's results but how can I see a more detailed report with allthe 88 respondents on the left (rows) and the 49 questions as columns? Is this possible? ( I basically want to run filters in Excel to see different angles from different response groups)

Regards
Craig
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Export to Excel - Help with detailed report output 3 years 1 week ago #67118

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
If you browse the results, you'll get a tabular overview: docs.limesurvey.org/Browsing+survey+resu...tions+for+LimeSurvey

You can also export all the data to Excel for filtering: docs.limesurvey.org/Exporting+results&st...lication_Excel_.csv_

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Export to Excel - Help with detailed report output 3 years 1 week ago #67121

Thanks Mazi

For the first result I am able to only get a 1 page overview per responder (even if I select multiple people in the browse results area)

When I then click the EXPORT THIS RESPONSE button i get the one line in Excel which is exactly what i want for all 88 - does it only do it for 1 and i must repeat the exercise 88 times - else what am i missing?

Re: Export to Excel - Help with detailed report output 3 years 1 week ago #67123

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 358
Go to "Responses & statistics", then go to the symbol with the simple blue arrow to the right which says "Export results to application". There you choose "All responses" and to the right you choose the columns you want in your data file (probably all!).

Then choose the application you want and there you go, your results in one file.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Export to Excel - Help with detailed report output 3 years 1 week ago #67126

Hi Holch

When I followed your advice I got the following error upon opening the .XLS:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3 bytes) in <b>/home2/public_html/surveys/admin/classes/phpexcel/PHPExcel/Cell.php</b> on line <b>634</b><br />

However when I ran it again and only selected 10 or so columns then it came out perfectly? What do you think the problem is?

Re: Export to Excel - Help with detailed report output 3 years 1 week ago #67128

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 358
The problem is that you have not enough memory allocated for the script. You would either export in smaller portions and later copy them together in one excel or you probablly need to give more memory for your scripts.

What you also could try is to export as CSV, which might need less memory (just a guess!).
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Export to Excel - Help with detailed report output 3 years 1 week ago #67129

Yeah - broke the export up into 3 smaller batches and that did the trick!

shot for the great support!

Re: Export to Excel - Help with detailed report output 3 years 1 week ago #67145

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
If you want to solve this technically, raise the max_execution time and the allowed max memory at your server settings (if you are able to do so).

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Donation Image