Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

App for smart phone to do survey off-line

• reddyinc
  • reddyinc's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #66747 by reddyinc
I want to survey users who are mostly construction workers working on site where there is no internet for computer.

I want an app on cell phone (andriod/iphone) which I can take to the site and comeback and upload the data.

Thank you for suggestions!
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by reddyinc.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 6 months ago #66748 by holch
Replied by holch on topic App for smart phone to do survey off-line
With Limesurvey this is not possible at the moment. You will need to have access to internet (3g), then you could create a template that works well with the small screens and the mobile browsers. But there is no way to install Limesurvey on a smartphone, as you would need a webserver with PHP and MySQL.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• reddyinc
  • reddyinc's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #66749 by reddyinc
Replied by reddyinc on topic App for smart phone to do survey off-line
Are there any firms out there for custom app development for Limesurvey.
Thanks
  • holch
More
12 years 6 months ago #66750 by holch
Replied by holch on topic App for smart phone to do survey off-line
Not that I am aware of. Would be great to have something like this. I was thinking of having some CAPI capabilities on a normal Windows/Linux notebook before. But I guess this is quite some work.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
12 years 6 months ago #66775 by Mazi
I recommend to use a netbook instead of an iPhone. This has the advantage that you can install a WAMP system (Windows, Apache, Mysql, PHP) and set up Limesurvey which can then be used offline.

For such tasks I have created an installer which sets up XAMPP (a WAMP system) with an already included Limesurvey with just one click.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • Mazi
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #77537 by Mazi

Mazi wrote: I recommend to use a netbook instead of an iPhone. This has the advantage that you can install a WAMP system (Windows, Apache, Mysql, PHP) and set up Limesurvey which can then be used offline.

If you still want to stick to using in iPhone, I recommend to use a smartphone optimized template (you still need internet access though). There is a new Limesurvey Template Shop which offers two different iPhone optimized Limesurvey templates .

Dr. Marcel Minke
  • Mazi
More
7 years 6 months ago #142640 by Mazi

reddyinc wrote: I want to survey users who are mostly construction workers working on site where there is no internet for computer.
I want an app on cell phone (andriod/iphone) which I can take to the site and comeback and upload the data.

For everyone with the same requirements: There is a new Limesurvey app called " OfflineSurveys ". The app caches a LimeSurvey online survey and creates on offline version which stores responses on the local device. Data collected offline can later be emailed or exported to your PC. The PRO version supports automatic response synchronization .

OfflineSurveys supports all LimeSurvey question types, Expression Manager features and conditions, placeholders, ... and most other LimeSurvey features. It even offers several additional Android multimedia question types to e. g. take a picture, record a voice note or store the current GPS location.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose