Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lining up conditional questions side by side

Lining up conditional questions side by side 3 years 2 weeks ago #66721

• stigchelg
  • Junior Lime
Hey all,

Me again.

I've set up a whole bunch of conditional questions (21) with 2 main paths. First respondents have to select a region (12 in total) and then an option for school type(2). Both are multiple options questions. So they can check multiple regions and both school types.

Right now I get a question by question layout where all questions appear one after the other provided their conditions are met. So first all the school type 1 options for all checked regions and then all school type 2 options for all checked regions.

I would like to group them by region so that either just one school type is shown (when only one is checked) or both school types are displayed next to eachother for each region. When a respondent checked another (or more) region, the next group would display that.

I've been looking at the side by side script, but I'm not sure if that is the solution to my problem.

Is there a way to do that?

BTW a WYSIWYG drag and drop editor would be nice to adapt the look and feel of the lay-out. Also a point and click editor for background colours and fonts would be nice. Now I have to go through the template file and find the code for what I want to change. I would like to be able to just click on an element in the template editor change it with options. Just a suggestion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lining up conditional questions side by side 3 years 2 weeks ago #66722

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 806
Is there a way to do that?
Yes it could probably be done but would take a LOT of JavaScript - too much for this forum.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Lining up conditional questions side by side 3 years 2 weeks ago #66729

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
stigchelg wrote:
BTW a WYSIWYG drag and drop editor would be nice to adapt the look and feel of the lay-out. Also a point and click editor for background colours and fonts would be nice. Now I have to go through the template file and find the code for what I want to change. I would like to be able to just click on an element in the template editor change it with options. Just a suggestion.
You can add this as a feature request at our feature tracker . Please describe your idea as detailed as possible and try to outline a suitable solution/implementation as well.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Lining up conditional questions side by side 3 years 2 weeks ago #66741

• stigchelg
  • Junior Lime
Right. Thanks Tony.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image