Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Project Selection and Evaluation

Project Selection and Evaluation 2 years 11 months ago #66696

• bluesky
  • Junior Lime
Hello to the Community,
I would like to use Limesurvey for the Selection and Evaluation of Developement Projects within our "Working with Others" and "Maitreya" Projects in Vietnam.
The design would be that a lot of individual projects are evaluated by a group of stakeholders and the results would be used by the projectmanager to have a structured overview of the feedback. Is there anybody who did some similar thing with limesurvey?
Thx for any feedback....
cheers, Dominik
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Project Selection and Evaluation 2 years 11 months ago #66697

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Limesurvey is used for all kinds of evaluations. I have some experience with course evaluations at universities. The like Limesurvey because it's free and quite powerful.
Depending on your organisation you will have to create some Limesurvey users (see docs.limesurvey.org/Manage+users&structu...tions+for+LimeSurvey) and assign them rights to watch results of certain surveys only (see docs.limesurvey.org/Survey+security+sett...tions+for+LimeSurvey). Furthermore you might be interested in using tokens to restrict access to the surveys: docs.limesurvey.org/Tokens&structure=Eng...tions+for+LimeSurvey

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Project Selection and Evaluation 2 years 11 months ago #66711

• bluesky
  • Junior Lime
First of all thanks for the very helpful reply. There is one more question I have in the design. Usually I have several projects which are evaluated in a similar way. Would it be best to have like one main question category for every project (so one survey covering a set of projects) and then ask the subquestion set or to setup one survey for each project. As limesurvey is new to me, I really appreciate learning from the experience of other users.
cheers, Dominik

Re: Project Selection and Evaluation 2 years 11 months ago #66715

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
It depends on the complexity. If you want to compare data between different projects, using one survey would be the best choice. You can use conditions to show/hide questions depending on the project type.

You can also have one base survey with all needed questions and then create a copy of that survey for each project and delete the questions you don't need. In that case you can assign survey specific rights to the according admin while when having just one survey there might be data protection issues if other people can view data they should not have access to.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Aw: Re: Project Selection and Evaluation 2 years 9 months ago #70145

• bluesky
  • Junior Lime
Can anyone help me finding the solution or description for setting up a survey requiring the follwing design

Evaluating a group of projects requiring the same set of questions (like 20 projects that should be evaluated on the same set of questions) and then bringing the results together in one overview. Hope that I am clear enough, if not pls advise me.

Project 1 2 3 4 5 ...............................20

| | | | | ............................... |

same set of questions
|
output statistical summary of
quantative questions + summary
of qualitative questions
Thx for any advise (I am new to using Limesurvey)...
cheers, Dominik

Re: Aw: Re: Project Selection and Evaluation 2 years 9 months ago #70174

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Do they all use the same survey or do you create 20 different surveys?

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Aw: Re: Project Selection and Evaluation 2 years 9 months ago #70231

• bluesky
  • Junior Lime
That is exactly the point. All have the same survey, because we compare them based on this survey - Ideally the user would select the project and then be guided through the query and if possible given background information to the project he is evaluating. The questions will be the same for all projects, we might still decide to have some conditional questions in case a certain question or set of questions does not fit into a project
cheers, Dominik
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by bluesky.

Re: Aw: Re: Project Selection and Evaluation 2 years 9 months ago #70241

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 789
I don't understand the problem here. Shouldn't it simply be one survey with a question at the beginning or a token attribute to define the project?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Aw: Re: Project Selection and Evaluation 2 years 9 months ago #70260

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
If the survey is NOT anonymous you can set up an additional token attribute to indicate to which group a user belongs. You can then use conditions for this value and show additional questions or text (text display question type).

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image