Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1 user completing multiple surveys as an interviewer

1 user completing multiple surveys as an interviewer 3 years 3 weeks ago #66488

• jenjunum
  • Fresh Lemon
I want to use LimeSurvey as an interview data collection tool. I have a few interviewers ~5 that will need to conduct many interviews/surveys (maybe up to 100). They need to be able to (hopefully) quit a survey and come back to it at a later time to complete.

I think the answer to this question is that I need to create tokens for each interview and the allow then allow them to complete many surveys (like 200). However, this option is not available on the build I'm running (Version 1.90+ Build 9642). Another person on the team is responsible for these kinds of upgrades, which I've asked, but I wanted to make sure I'm on the right track before I give him extra work on a short deadline.

This is NOT an anonymous survey.

I did have the survey set up without tokens but I think that would create problems when a person wants to quit a survey & return to it later. Since a username and password has to be created (and an email provided) our interviewer would need to create a new one for each person interviewing? And it's likely not possible to use the same email address for each one.

I'm not too concerned about the survey being open for anyone to get to the URL and complete it because it's served off an intranet and we've used workarounds in the past for this (entering a password question as the first item and then kicking people out that don't respond correctly).

I've read a lot of forum questions and looked through the documentation, so hopefully I'm not asking a question that should have been easily answerable on my own. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 1 user completing multiple surveys as an interviewer 3 years 3 weeks ago #66489

• VBraun
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 4
Maybe not elegant but functioning solution is to create token for each interview.

Let say that each interviewer should conduct 100 interviews, so crate 100 tokens and give them to the interviewer. Let the survey be listed publicly at your respective survey web page (use option in Publication and access control) where the interviewer can enter the tokens and access the survey.

I do not see any reason why this should not work.

Re: 1 user completing multiple surveys as an interviewer 3 years 3 weeks ago #66490

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 359
Ideally you upgrade and to the newest version and use the "uses left" feature for tokens (I guess that is what you were talking about).

Then there is the option VBraun was mentioning and you create a big amount of tokens eg. int01001, int01002,...int02001,...

Or you go for an upon survey, have a password and then let the interview insert his code.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: 1 user completing multiple surveys as an interviewer 3 years 3 weeks ago #66495

• jenjunum
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm trying VBraun's option first since it doesn't require an upgrade first. I think upgrading is ideal regardless though, so we will upgrade. Thanks for confirming that "uses left" should work.

I may be back with more questions.

Re: 1 user completing multiple surveys as an interviewer 3 years 3 weeks ago #66501

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
You can test the uses left feature at our online demo at demo.limesurvey.org/admin(external link) which always runs the latest Limesurvey version.
Username: admin
Password: test

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image