Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stop a survey if someone replies no

Stop a survey if someone replies no 3 years 3 weeks ago #66462

• Ailicec
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi. I would like to ask if it is possible to have conditions for a question which if they reply no, they cannot continue. Basically, I need to do an informed consent form at the beginning of a survey. I want that if they reply no to any of the questions they would not be allowed to continue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stop a survey if someone replies no 3 years 3 weeks ago #66474

• dbrd
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 2
Ailicec wrote:
Hi. I would like to ask if it is possible to have <a href='docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=Setting%20conditions'>conditions</a> for a question which if they reply no, they cannot continue. Basically, I need to do an informed consent form at the beginning of a survey. I want that if they reply no to any of the questions they would not be allowed to continue.

Read about conditions in the manual.

Basically, on the first question that you would not want them to see, you would apply whatever conditions you need, ie. they answer "no" to one or more qualifying questions. You would then copy the same condition(s) to all the remaining questions, which is done very easily.

Re: Stop a survey if someone replies no 3 years 3 weeks ago #66476

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 358
What dbrd says is totally right. Just to make it clearer: you would basically set the quota to "0" (zero) for the answer "no" from your example.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Stop a survey if someone replies no 3 years 3 weeks ago #66482

• Ailicec
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks a lot...have managed to do it now, and the manual is really helpful. This is my first survey and had not found the manual yet.

Re: Stop a survey if someone replies no 3 years 3 weeks ago #66512

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
As said, you can either use conditions and copy the condition to all following questions or you use a quota of "0" to screen out those users.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image