Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Prompt for mandatory questions at end of _survey_ instead of end of page

Prompt for mandatory questions at end of _survey_ instead of end of page 3 years 1 month ago #66303

• gskramer
  • Fresh Lemon
In a survey with mandatory questions, we would like to allow respondents to get to the end of the survey before Limesurvey puts up the prompt "One or more mandatory questions have not been answered" - rather than prompting when the user navigates to the next page. Can someone suggest a way to do that? Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Prompt for mandatory questions at end of _survey_ instead of end of page 3 years 1 month ago #66326

• machaven
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

This is not possible out of the box and would be problematic if there where conditions linked to these questions. You would need to get this feature developed if you really need it. (www.limesurvey.com/Partners)

Re: Prompt for mandatory questions at end of _survey_ instead of end of page 3 years 1 month ago #66350

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
I don't consider this a great solution because then the user would have to "search" for the unanswered mandatory question.

An alternative might be to switch to all in one survey mode.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Prompt for mandatory questions at end of _survey_ instead of end of page 3 years 1 month ago #66356

• gskramer
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks very much for your responses. I agree it's not a great solution, but it was requested by some folks in my office. I think what they really want is for the user to be able to preview the entire survey before taking it, so they can prepare their answers in advance; I'm going to provide them with an alternative tool to accomplish that.

Re: Prompt for mandatory questions at end of _survey_ instead of end of page 3 years 1 month ago #66362

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
There is a feature at the admin backend to create a printable version of the survey. You cn export that survey to PDF to provide everybody with an overview.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Prompt for mandatory questions at end of _survey_ instead of end of page 3 years 1 month ago #66388

• gskramer
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks again! I looked at that feature, but it's not quite what we want, as it's clearly an administrative tool that displays placeholders for token values, etc. We want something for end users. I built my own routine that just displays the questions and possible responses.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by gskramer.

Re: Prompt for mandatory questions at end of _survey_ instead of end of page 3 years 1 month ago #66417

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
gskramer wrote:
Thanks again! I looked at that feature, but it's not quite what we want, as it's clearly an administrative tool that displays placeholders for token values, etc. We want something for end users. I built my own routine that just displays the questions and possible responses.
Sounds great. It would be really useful if you could share your results. Please have a look at docs.limesurvey.org/How+to+contribute+new+features

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Prompt for mandatory questions at end of _survey_ instead of end of page 3 years 1 month ago #66437

• gskramer
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello Marcel,

I'd be glad to contribute what I wrote, but it's just some PHP code, not integrated with the Limesurvey app - and is also not comprehensive, as it doesn't account for every question type, just those we use. Do you still think it would be useful? If so, I'm glad to contribute it.

Gordon

Re: Prompt for mandatory questions at end of _survey_ instead of end of page 3 years 1 month ago #66442

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
If it is designed just for your survey it won't help much if you don't want to extend it.
As an alternative you could list your solution at manual -> workarounds

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Prompt for mandatory questions at end of _survey_ instead of end of page 3 years 1 month ago #66536

• gskramer
  • Fresh Lemon
I think it might be useful in that section - but I'm not clear on how to add a workaround. In the workarounds section, there is a "User contributed notes" form - is that how you contribute a new solution, or do you need to edit the entire page? Thanks.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image