Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Upload images for use in questions with 1.91 build 11026

Upload images for use in questions with 1.91 build 11026 2 years 11 months ago #66234

• guelphpeter
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Apologies in advance if this is (as I think it may well be) a dumb question but it has be baffled.

Last year when running 1.89 we could upload images to the LimeSurvey server for use in questions. Now we're on 1.91 (build 11026) and using the CKEditor I can't get the image upload to work.

The error I'm seeing is that the images actually appear in the appropriate folder on our Linux server, but I get an error message when I try to upload an image reading "Image source URL is missing". Then, when I use the KCFinder tool, it gives me an "Unknown error" when I try to list the images on the server.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this and knows what to do.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions,

Peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Upload images for use in questions with 1.91 build 11026 2 years 11 months ago #66239

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
I have never seen this error before.

Did you update manually or by using the comfort updater?

What does the error message exactly say?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Upload images for use in questions with 1.91 build 11026 2 years 11 months ago #66304

• guelphpeter
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Marcel, and thank you for your reply - this one has us really baffled.

Our systems people have tried both a manual and a Comfort update of LimeSurvey and we're seeing the same issue both ways.

Here's what we do when we try to upload an image:

a) click the "Image" icon on the CKEditor toolbar.
b) choose the "upload" tab on the resulting "Image Properties" menu
c) browse to the image file on the local PC and click the "Send it to the server" button.
d) when we then click the OK button on the "Image Properties" menu we get a pop up error dialogue box with the message: "Image source URL is missing".
e) (at this point we can confirm the image has actually been uploaded to the appropriate LimeSurvey directory on our Linux server as we can see it when we access the server via SSH - the image file is in the appropriate limeSurvey/upload/surveys/SID/images folder)
f) we then re-access the "Image Properties" menu and click the "Browse Server" button to view the uploaded images. The resulting KCFinder window opens normally but where the images would normally be listed there is just text reading "Unknown error".

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide Marcel,

Peter

Re: Upload images for use in questions with 1.91 build 11026 2 years 11 months ago #66376

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
It all works fine here (which doesn't help you). Only weird thing I noticed was the "limeSurvey" spelling (capital "S"). Is that your real folder name? This might cause problems but I can only guess.

My recommendation is to contact our project leader Carsten Schmitz (Carsten.Schmitz(at)limesurvey.org) who also runs our Limesurvey hosting at www.LimeService.com.

He is the server expert, maybe he can help you out.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: guelphpeter
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Donation Image