Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: randomising set of questions

randomising set of questions 2 years 11 months ago #66125

• rafaelrp
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello everyone,

I have a problem and hope someone can provide me a solution.
I have two sets of questions that need to be randomize.
For example, a set questions 1, 2, 3 and 4 and the other with 5, 6, 7 and 8.
The respondent must complete a sequence in [1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8] and others [5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4].
I was like searching for the proper forum, but could not find or understand how to do.
Please tell me if anyone knows how to do, either using JavaScript or some way by the LS.

best regards,
Rafael
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: randomising set of questions 2 years 11 months ago #66126

• rafaelrp
  • Fresh Lemon
I resolved my problem by adding a point where I select yes or no automatically (random) through javascript and hiding these options, leaving only the text vizible (not hiding the question).
questions thus created [1 - 2 - 3 - 4] [5 - 6 - 7 - 8] [1_ - 2_ - 3_ - 4_] and when you select yes on the question of order selection, displays of (1 ~ 8), when selected no displays (5 ~ 8) and (1_ ~ 4_)
Changing the database is easy to be done to correct this maneuver that I used.
I searched the documentation and the forum but have not found solution to this problem, only people with the same question.
I hope to help someone with the same problem using this maneuver, and if anyone knows of a better way to fix this problem please let me pass. I've seen this problem for past and suggesting improvements, hopefully come soon.

Re: randomising set of questions 2 years 11 months ago #66128

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
I think you could easier solve this by using the random group feature: docs.limesurvey.org/Advanced+question+se...eSurvey#random_group

Please have a look.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: randomising set of questions 2 years 11 months ago #66136

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 313
@Mazi: In this case the random group does not help.
For example, a set questions 1, 2, 3 and 4 and the other with 5, 6, 7 and 8.
The respondent must complete a sequence in [1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8] and others [5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4].

So the questions within the group A should always be in the same order (1,2,3,4), but the should be a randomisation of the two groups of questions.

The random group feature on the other hand does not randomize groups of questions, but questions within a group.

The group randomisation was a good step ahead for randomisation in LS, now it is only missing the possibility to randomize the order of groups from within the features of LS.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by holch.

Re: randomising set of questions 2 years 11 months ago #66138

• rafaelrp
  • Fresh Lemon
As it did the respondent will see so casters, but I'll have a job in the final database to unify this issue that I had to duplicate.
I know that to view the questionnaire is used SELECT with ORDER BY "ORDER_GROUP", then I think to solve this problem only by changing the system programming, should not give in to solve some programming in the question itself.
Maybe if I had a question how to configure checking whether a particular group of questions was answered and if not return the questionnaire.
Something like a group where questions are hidden randomly, and when they are hidden in the questionnaire back to them after answering the next group when answering this and hide what has already been answered.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image