Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Several pages with surveys

Several pages with surveys 3 years 1 month ago #65825

We are working with 4 administrators in 4 UserGroups. We all built surveys and now we want our own startpage for users.

Now there is only one page (index.php) which shows all public surveys.

Is it possible to have a page which shows only the surveys of GroupA en a page which shows the surveys of groupB.

Or can i add some code behind index.php f.e. index.php?action=surveylist
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Several pages with surveys 3 years 1 month ago #65829

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 807
You may be able to hack the core code but this would leave you exposed to overwriting when updating.

Another solution may be to create HTML/PHP pages outside of LimeSurvey that list the appropriate survey links.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Several pages with surveys 3 years 1 month ago #65830

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 360
I'd rather install Limesurvey 4 times than to try to hack the code. Because with the update function keeping installations up to date is a breeze and you can copy templates and surveys from and to all the other installations.

[Just saw that Tony had suggested this already] Or you could try to create your own pages in PHP that read the database and display only the relevant surveys for each usergroup.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by holch.

Re: Several pages with surveys 3 years 1 month ago #65833

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
I wouldn't hack the code due to the update issues mentioned. Splitting up your current system into 4 installations might also mean a lot of work if you have several surveys you need to port.
To me the best and most flexible solution would be to code your own PHP page which lists the according entries for each admin.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Donation Image