Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Group dependency

Group dependency 3 years 1 month ago #65802

I've created a Epidemiological questionnaire and some groups of questions (i.e. questions about the pill) will only be asked if you are not a male. While the logic in the quesitons is all good and works (i.e. males are not asked any of the questions) the group Title and description is still displayed. Is there a way to not display the group title if none of the questions will be asked.

Thanks,

Leo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Group dependency 3 years 1 month ago #65818

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
1. Which Limesurvey version do you use?

2. Which template do you use?

3. Which survey mode do you use?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Group dependency 3 years 1 month ago #65827

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 806
To hide the group you'll need to copy the condition from the first question to all following questions. See "Chained condditions" -http://docs.limesurvey.org/Setting+conditions&structure=English+Instructions+for+LimeSurvey#Chained_conditions
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 month ago by tpartner.

Re: Group dependency 3 years 1 month ago #65828

• dbrd
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 2
lister171254 wrote:
I've created a Epidemiological questionnaire and some groups of questions (i.e. questions about the pill) will only be asked if you are not a male. While the logic in the quesitons is all good and works (i.e. males are not asked any of the questions) the group Title and description is still displayed. Is there a way to not display the group title if none of the questions will be asked.

Thanks,

Leo

One thing to check is your global logic, ie., display only if not male. That condition must be applied to all questions within a group, not just the first question. Subsequent questions may not display because Males do not fit the criteria, but if that same criteria is not applied to all questions within the group, the group title and description will still be displayed. I had the same problem recently.

Re: Group dependency 3 years 1 month ago #65832

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
LimeSurvey 1.92 will make this much easier. Complex conditions are easily supported via "relevance", and they will make sure that the Group information is not shown if there are no relevant questions within a group. We've also toyed with the idea of attaching relevance to a group so that you don't need to attach it to each question, but we haven't implemented group-based relevance yet. Details about how that functionality is supported are here.

Re: Group dependency 3 years 1 month ago #65901

To answer the may responses (Thanks)

I'm using Version 1.91 Build 10951

None of the questions are displayed when the person is male; only the Group header comes up ant then it goes to the next group.

Thanks,

Leo

Re: Group dependency 3 years 1 month ago #65924

• dbrd
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 2
lister171254 wrote:
None of the questions are displayed when the person is male; only the Group header comes up ant then it goes to the next group.

Thanks,

Leo

Sorry, perhaps I was not clear. The condition "display only if not male" must be applied to each and every question in the group.

Let us say you apply "display only if not male" condition to the first question of a group. Conditions on the subsequent questions in the group will only let them display if the first question is answered, but you neglect to apply the "display only if not male" condition to those subsequent questions. In this case, the questions will not display, but the group name will be displayed, even without the questions.

Re: Group dependency 3 years 1 month ago #65943

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Some help from our docs: docs.limesurvey.org/Setting+conditions&s...s_to_later_questions

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Group dependency 3 years 1 month ago #65986

All the questions in the group have a test if the gender is Female, hence the reason for none of the questions being asked. The group header (and Description) is still being displayed, though

Re: Group dependency 3 years 1 month ago #66014

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
1. I suppose you run the survey in group by group mode?

2. Which template do you use?

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Donation Image