Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Assessments v1.91+

Assessments v1.91+ 2 years 11 months ago #65794

• dhenry
  • Fresh Lemon
Is there a way to return the assessment value for a group vs. using the {assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL} variable? The {assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL} variable is great for assessments of the overall survey, but not when each group should be evaluated on it own merit and an overall assessment is needed. I am currently using the javascript solution to record the assessment value in the database.

I have looked at the dev branch Expression Manager (and have it in a test environment), but fail to see how to trigger the assessments to be recorded from the documentation. I have not dug through the source to figure it out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Assessments v1.91+ 2 years 11 months ago #65795

• dhenry
  • Fresh Lemon
Should have also asked if the $grouptotal variable could be used, and if so how to call it from javascript (am great at modifying code, but not creating it)

Re: Assessments v1.91+ 2 years 11 months ago #65826

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 786
There are no group assessments available in the survey - only in the end page. You'll need to find it with JavaScript.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Assessments v1.91+ 2 years 11 months ago #65831

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
LimeSurvey 1.92 is enhancing the way assessments are handled. You can have as many as you want, and as many tailored reports based upon those assessments. Details are here.

Re: Assessments v1.91+ 2 years 11 months ago #65874

• dhenry
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the replies.

In 1.91+ I currently use:
<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
document.getElementById('answer44259X62X1366').value = "{assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL}";
document.getElementById('display1366').style.display= "none";
document.getElementById('answernswer44259X62X1366').style.display= "none";
});
</script>
What would I need to change "{ASSESSMENT_CURRENT_TOTAL}" to in order to retrieve the value in the "$grouptotal" variable. Please be as specific as possible, I am not a java programmer.

I have looked at the 1.92 explanation here, but don't quite grasp how I need to fill out the Equation Question type to retrieve an assessment for a group or just in general. The information on the Expression Manager seems to be very technical, and if I were a programmer it might make sense, but as a DBA the variable calls don't lend themselves to easy understanding.

Thanks again!

Re: Assessments v1.91+ 2 years 11 months ago #65878

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 786
What would I need to change "{assessment_CURRENT_TOTAL}" to in order to retrieve the value in the "$grouptotal" variable. Please be as specific as possible, I am not a java programmer.
I say again, there are no group assesments available in the survey - only in the end page. You'll need to find it with JavaScript - perhaps with populating hidden questions and/or using {INSERTANS}.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
Donation Image