Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Create tokens out of our database?

Re: Create tokens out of our database? 3 years 2 months ago #66007

Thanks, guys. You really helped me out. Our programmers used the javascript solution and it seems to work. Now we just have to start a survey with real users and see if it works under normal circumstances.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Create tokens out of our database? 3 years 2 months ago #66010

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
You're welcome!

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to the team .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Create tokens out of our database? 3 years 2 months ago #66018

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
holch wrote:
So, to sum it up (please correct me if I understood it wrong):
If you want to save variables in the database, that are passed on by the URL, then use the feature "always hide this question", when you need to save something from within the survey, then you need to hide the questions via CSS or Javascript, right?

It would be great to have a better "hide" handling. A lot of more complicated surveys rely heavily on hidden questions to pass on calculations or other info.

holch - Expression Manager in LimeSurvey 1.92 will solve this problem. There is a new question type called "Equation" which is always processed (as long as it is relevant) even if you set "always hide this question", and the result is stored in the database. Basically, we're separating the ideas of relevance (whether the questions should be enabled), and visibility (whether you can actually see it).
holch wrote:
In general I find the Limesurvey system with display group by group, question by question or all in one a little unflexible. OK, you can always "violate" question groups to use them as "pages", but this is not ideal.

Can you say more about what you mean by this? What would you want to see instead?

Re: Create tokens out of our database? 3 years 2 months ago #66022

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 381
I find it more flexible to separate the display of the questions from the display of groups.

I know other tools that offer to group questions (as for a logical group), but also provide the posibility to arrange questions on pages. If you want to control which question is shown on which page at the moment you have to group them in the same group. This can make sense for some surveys, and might not make sense for others. You might want to present 2 groups on one page or 1 group over several pages.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Create tokens out of our database? 3 years 2 months ago #66037

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
The survey designer at the burried old Limesurvey 2.0 version used pages. There was a tab for each survey page and you could add questions to those tabs.
Carsten might be planning to port/implement such a survey builder once the Limesurvey CI versions works smoothly.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Create tokens out of our database? 3 years 2 months ago #66043

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 381
Yeah, Matzi, I have seen this.

Wouldn't be bad to have this, as I think that the concept is a lot easier to understand for new users. But, as we can use groups to achieve the result somehow, I guess there are other things we should go for first.

Was just a general comment about some structural issues of LS.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Donation Image