Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Conditional Arrays

Conditional Arrays 2 years 10 months ago #65732

Hello! First post, so I apologize if this has been hashed out already. I searched, but there's a good chance this is phrased differently.

I have a survey question (array) that asks people to rate a series of articles in a magazine based on whether they were "read thoroughly," "read somewhat" or "skipped over."

For the items that a respondent has "read thoroughly" I would like to ask a follow-up question in an array as to whether the item was "thoroughly interesting," "somewhat interesting" or "not interesting."

My first choice would be to have this in another array, but I don't see a way in which I can set conditions for individual subquestions. Is that right?

In the meantime, I'm going to set it up where each of the follow-ups is an individual question with three potential answers. These will each appear on the subsequent page using conditions to show or hide.

Let me know if anybody with more experience on this platform can suggest a more intuitive method.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Conditional Arrays 2 years 10 months ago #65734

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 748
There are several workarounds to filter an array by the responses of another array here - www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...g-array-subquestions. The thread gets a little convoluted but should have what you need.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: Conditional Arrays 2 years 10 months ago #65842

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
One solution - probably also mentioned either at the forum or at manual -> workarounds ->JavaScript - would be to use a hidden multiple choice question with the same answer options and use some Javascript to connect the previous rating question with that MC question. Each time the user clicks "read thoroughly" the according item at the MC question would be checked.
Afterwards you can use the array filter question attribute to only list those items at the following question which were previously rated "read thoroughly".

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Donation Image