Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Methods used to check conditions/integrity of survey

Methods used to check conditions/integrity of survey 3 years 2 weeks ago #65606

• asonimie
I'm just curious what methods people are using to check conditions on surveys to make sure everything works correctly.

Is there anything out there in terms of automating all the possible paths a person could go through a survey?

I'm getting a big push to make the conditions of the surveys much more visible to other people in the company and I'm not sure what to do so I'm wondering what other people are doing.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Methods used to check conditions/integrity of survey 3 years 2 weeks ago #65608

• vadindot
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
I have seen nothing automated as of yet, but I am lucky to have some people who really know how to beat up on a survey to find the bugs...

One thing I always do is create a spreadsheet with all of the questions, and their associated conditions, this way we can create a road map of various possibilities to try. I find it useful also for double checking against any hard copies of the questionnaire we might have.

Re: Methods used to check conditions/integrity of survey 3 years 2 weeks ago #65613

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Use of Relevance in LimeSurvey 1.92 will help with this. For a prior project, I mathematically proved that using Relevance eliminates any risk of infinite loops or orphaned questions. You can find more discussion about that here.

So, once we convert people to using Relevance instead of conditions, it will be easy to (a) show clients or research partners the logic in a way they can understand and validate, and (b) validate the accuracy of the conditions and the possible navigation paths.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image