Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 'Strange' Resume later behaviour. Is it cookie related

'Strange' Resume later behaviour. Is it cookie related 3 years 1 month ago #65595

I'm running Version 1.91 Build 10746
Firefox 6.0.2 on Ubuntu

When hitting the 'Resume later' button without answering all the mandatory fields, I get two messages:
1) A warning that I did not answer one or more mandatory questions, after clicking on OK I get
2) A message that responses were successfully saved.

If I close the browser and then click on the hyperlink in the email I receive re. reloading the survey, everything works ok.

If I leave the browser open and click on the hyperlink, I get a window that says that there are no more questions. If I then press the submit button, my answers are saved and I get the 'exit' window even though I did not fill out the mandatory questions.

Granted, this only seems to happen if I leave the browser open, but still not quite right.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 'Strange' Resume later behaviour. Is it cookie related 3 years 1 month ago #65674

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 806
You can file a bug report and...

1. Give as much information as possible.

2. Provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.

3. If possible/helpful please provide screenshots.

4. Afterwards please post the link to the bugtracker here so we can follow the progress.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

Re: 'Strange' Resume later behaviour. Is it cookie related 3 years 1 month ago #65862

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
Please post the link to the ticket you created here.

Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: 'Strange' Resume later behaviour. Is it cookie related 3 years 1 month ago #65907

I think I figured it out.

The first time I chose to resume, I'm prompted for the details (i.e. name, email), but nothing else.

If I continue via the link I was emailed, everything works as expected (I'm back to were I left off). If I choose the resume later (again), I get a message indicating that 'one or more mandatory questions need to be answered' before I can continue and when i click on that window, I get another message indicating the 'Your Responses were successfully save'. This time there is no prompt for details or email.

If I continue via the link that was emailed originally, everything works as expected (i.e. I get back to were I left off).

So everything works as expected, its just different behavior from the first time to the subsequent time(s).

One slight issue is that every time I continue via the emailed hyperlink, a new browser window is opened; fine if I close the previous window or the browser, but confusing if I don't.

Re: 'Strange' Resume later behaviour. Is it cookie related 3 years 1 month ago #65951

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
If you continue the survey using the link from your email, answer a few questions and click next at least once and then save again, where do you start when clicking the continue link next time? Does it start at the page where you left?

How do you think we could best improve Limesurvey? Does a more expressive error message help?
Why is the mandatory message shown at all, do you have mandatorys questions at your survey?

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: 'Strange' Resume later behaviour. Is it cookie related 3 years 1 month ago #65985

As I said, it work correctly (i.e. you always end up in the correct place), the only thing that's a bit confusing is that the (pop up) windows/messages are different.

One suggestion for an improvement would be:

1) First time to click on 'Resume Later" a window pops up to register details (name, PW, email) [Does that already]
2) When clicking on the hyperlink in the email to resume, you end up where you left off [Does that already]
3) If anybody chooses to to 'Resume later' the second time, it currently displays the message about the mandatory questions and that it saved the response, but I suggest not to show these messages at all. Instead, why not displaying a message that indicates that a previous email already contains infromation to resume (i.e. "We have previously sent an emailto This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Please click on the hyperlink in that email to resume")

Having said that, thanks for a fantastic product.

Cheers,

leo

Re: 'Strange' Resume later behaviour. Is it cookie related 3 years 1 month ago #66015

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
lister171254 wrote:
3) If anybody chooses to to 'Resume later' the second time, it currently displays the message about the mandatory questions and that it saved the response, but I suggest not to show these messages at all. Instead, why not displaying a message that indicates that a previous email already contains infromation to resume (i.e. "We have previously sent an emailto This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Please click on the hyperlink in that email to resume")
You can add this as a feature request at our feature tracker . Please describe your idea as detailed as possible and try to outline a suitable solution/implementation as well.

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Donation Image